What's new

token thing?

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I know I've seen these before . . . . . some sort of counter weight or something? What is this thing?!
 

Attachments

  • tokenTHINGY.webp
    tokenTHINGY.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 222
You may be thinking of an apothecary weight...not sure that is what your token is, though.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
You may be thinking of an apothecary weight...not sure that is what your token is, though.
I believe you are correct. Drachm apothecary weight.

apothecary-weight-3ii-two-drachm-troemner-phila_290526020386.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
more commonly called "drams" its a druggist weight measure --- also "d" was used as a british valued money amount --so british token is also possible
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom