Tom Massey

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your in a gold bearing area or town, and you seen Tom Massey unloading or loading up a gold dredge would you.

1. go and get his auto graph and ask to go a long and help.

2. could care less about the guy.

3.Hang around in his shadow to see all the good spot he goes too, and hunt after he's gone if it's open to the public.

4. do you think he watches over his back to see if he's being fallowed when he's out going to his hot spot.

5. He salts his finds to make the show interesting and to make him look good.

6. Our being brought up in that environment with his father is were all money and the knowledge for the show is coming from.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
#5 Pretty sure of that. Ole Buzzardite was no angel either. Perry's the nice one.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the reply, last leg, I should of mention gold fever tv show, I love it, watch it all the time 6 o'clock every Saturday morning, mine lab detector and tesoro seem to be the one's they use the most...garret gold pans, keen sluices .I would love to hang out on a river with him and his family. but his weight is getting up there I hope he doesn't end up like John candy,another one of my favorites

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was on an outing in Georgia with him. He is a nice guy. Cares about the GPAA members. Well the common hibanker operation was going very bad, low gold output, and there were a lot of members there. He brought in gold to add to the pot for the devide. I won't forget that. I am a GPAA life member. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been around him too many times to phase me.
I'd definitely nod hi, but unless he starts the conversation,
or I Needed to talk to him, I'd be about my business.

and No I Don't have an autograph :happysmiley:

Yes I'd bet he has hit spots while doing the show where he salted.

Especially when he was out with his Girls hunting.
I'm sure he buried the silver dollar for his daughter to find

Last edited:

2screwed

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Especially when he was out with his Girls hunting.
I'm sure he buried the silver dollar for his daughter to find

I can't blame him there, I'd do the same for the grand kids.
I have never met the man but do enjoy the show so I would walk up and say "howdy" and pick his brain a little.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread