Tonights short hunt, 1864 2-Cent Piece !

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Last night the hay field accross the road coughed up an 1863 fatty Indian. Tonight I headed back over for a short hunt with hopes of finding something to compliment the Indian and I was not dissapointed. I am not able to swing the Minelab for very long as I am still recovering from a back injury. I dug three targets in 45 minutes with the second being this nice 1864 2 Cent Piece. This is my second one of these that I have found. This did not clean up as well as the Indian did but still nice. Once again........ What else can there be in this field??
This will be a short post as I think I over did it tonight and my back is KILLING ME !! Here are some before and after pics.

I dont think I will pick up the MD again for a few days. hurts too much..... Thanks for lookin. I am headed to VICODIN land :(
VPR

Attachments

• IMG_7328_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7328_1_1.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_7329_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7329_1_1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_7335_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7335_1_1.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_7332_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7332_1_1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
VPR,

Awesome coin, and definitely on my wish list. In addition to the possible double die, it also looks like it was stamped with a grease filled die...either that or my eyes are failing me. Is the coin missing the TS from the word "CENTS"?

MP

:icon_pirat:
WTG you have a great spot and close to home keep-em coming!

mountainplayer said:
VPR,

Awesome coin, and definitely on my wish list. In addition to the possible double die, it also looks like it was stamped with a grease filled die...either that or my eyes are failing me. Is the coin missing the TS from the word "CENTS"?

MP

You are right. The coin does look like it was struck from filled dies. This coin has turned out to be a very interesting one !

VPR

The "TS" is there but very faint. You can see it a little better in this pic.

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_7334_1_1.JPG
    IMG_7334_1_1.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 249
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
The "TS" is there but very faint. You can see it a little better in this pic.

VPR

OK, I see it now. That is an error in itself it seems. Great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back