Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
caution to ya as %99 of Nevada's mineral rights are locked up in claims

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
Dude, Go and find out who owns the mineral rights and ask for permission to prospect. Good Luck, JOHN

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49erjohn said:
Dude, Go and find out who owns the mineral rights and ask for permission to prospect. Good Luck, JOHN
That is a possibility but a large majority are owned by HUGE mining Corps

OP
OP
tapoutking

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
I was looking at the mountain behind Goldfield and there are hundreds of mines all over the mountains. Most are very very old and I was hoping to just hike around and MD or dry pan as I went.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there ever was mining there obviously is/was precious metal,and I can pretty much guarantee its claimed up.Especially in Nevada where "mining",can still be done

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep, I agree with Kuger
i was able to MD just outside of Manhattan ( ck spelling ), myself and four buddies had a great time nugget shooting, camped out for five days only one came up with any gold.
one of the guys got permission to camp at this spot from a small time operator, i met the guy and was a great time seeing his operation
look up the area ur interested in, find out who has the claim if there is one and write them a letter
also, in the Austin area there is a large wilderness area that was a recent addition to Neveda, thanks Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread