Too many guns.....!

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been quiet and sort of MIA from the forums lately, been busy as heck!

Good part, after a 3 1/2 year battle, the final Hurricane Michael repairs are going to be completed on our house.

Bad part, we have to vacate the house during this period. So over the last 30 days my wife and one of our sons have been packing up the entire house for storage in pods. Our last night in the house will be tonight, Saturday night, and on Monday we'll hand the keys over to the contractors.

Trying to find a place to stay, short time, with 3 adults, a Husky, Husky-Malamute mix and an Evil Bobbed Tailed black cat isn't easy. Then our next door neighbor, says "Hey why don't yall stay with me, I've got two vacant rooms and will love the company. Besides it will make it easier to watch over the work." You have to love your neighbors when you have a relationship like that with them!

Thursday night my job, was to get my firearms ready for transport to another location for secure storage. We loaded the vehicle in the garage, and unloaded the vehicle in the garage at the other location. So not to draw too much attention.

This is the result of emptying the racks, and doing an SN check and inventory of the ones in this room. They were then wiped down and received another coating of oil. Thursday was a long and hard day that is for sure.

20220224_150128.jpg
20220224_150145.jpg

Last edited:

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been quiet and sort of MIA on the forums lately, been busy as heck!

Good part, after a 3 1/2 year battle, the final Hurricane Michael repairs are going to be completed on our house.

Bad part, we have to vacate the house during this period. So over the last 30 days my wife and one of our sons have been packing up the entire house for storage in pods. Our last night in the house will be tonight, Saturday night, and on Monday we'll hand the keys over to the contractors.

Thursday night my job, was to get my firearms ready for transport to another location for secure storage. We loaded the vehicle in the garage, and unload the vehicle in another garage. So not to draw too much attention.

This is the result of emptying the racks, and doing an SN check and inventory of the ones in this room. They were then wiped down and received another coating of oil. Thursday was a long and hard day that is for sure.

View attachment 2012614

View attachment 2012615

Better be careful. That black ones dangerous.

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Too many guns!"

Nonsense. No such thing.

My wife caught me earlier today looking at guns.....Oh the horror.....She told me, NO more guns until we move back in the house. Period dot end of the discussion.

To give you a better idea at the numbers. Take the pile you see on the floor, and add about 12 more that were stored downstairs. So we are going to store 42 off site and keeping 4 with us.

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife caught me earlier today looking at guns.....Oh the horror.....She told me, NO more guns until we move back in the house. Period dot end of the discussion.

Take the pile you see on the floor, and add about 12 more that were stored downstairs. So we are storing 42 and keeping 4 with us.
So, she out ranks you? :laughing7:

OP
OP
Retired Sarge

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate the offer.
Typical range trip is with the following. The 3 ARs, AKM, SKS, K98k Mauser, M24/47 Mauser, M48 Mauser, No 4 Mk 1 Enfield, M91 Mosin Nagant, M91/30 Mosin Nagant, M44 Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand, Type 99 Arisaka, MAS 36, Gew 88, M93 Mauser, M93/16 Mauser.

I will typically spend all day at the range, and will let anyone shoot them. Had a Lady and her Boyfriend shoot a bunch of them. The more she shot, the more she smiled. Then when done she gave me a big ole hug and asked where to buy guns like that. I also like it when kids ask about the history of the guns, and want to shoot them. Had one watching and asking questions galore. Told him if your dad says it's OK you can shoot them all. Dad showed up and asked if I had indeed said that or if maybe the kid had pestered me. Told him yes I did, and no the kid didn't. Kid got a lot of pictures taken of him shooting, he was bruised but smiling.

And that there is why I share my collection with the public at the range......

So at least 19 rifles and maybe a few handguns. You're guaranteed to leave with a bruised shoulder!

Last edited:

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical range trip is with the following the 3 ARs, AKM, SKS, K98k Mauser, M24/47 Mauser, M48 Mauser, No 4 Mk 1 Enfield, M91 Mosin Nagant, M91/30 Mosin Nagant, M44 Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand, Type 99 Arisaka, MAS 36, Gew 88, M93 Mauser, M93/16 Mauser.

So at least 19 rifles and maybe a few handguns. You're guaranteed to leave with a bruised shoulder!
Lol if we have the room on the range I'll bring down the .338 win mag and we can leave deaf too. I always double up protection when I shoot it.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical range trip is with the following. The 3 ARs, AKM, SKS, K98k Mauser, M24/47 Mauser, M48 Mauser, No 4 Mk 1 Enfield, M91 Mosin Nagant, M91/30 Mosin Nagant, M44 Mosin Nagant, M1 Garand, Type 99 Arisaka, MAS 36, Gew 88, M93 Mauser, M93/16 Mauser.

I will typically spend all day at the range, and will let anyone shoot them. Had a Lady and her Boyfriend shoot a bunch of them. The more she shot, the more she smiled. Then when done she gave me a big ole hug and asked where to buy guns like that. I also like it when kids ask about the history of the guns, and want to shoot them. Had one watching and asking questions galore. Told him if your dad says it's OK you can shoot them all. Dad showed up and asked if I had indeed said that or if maybe the kid had pestered me. Told him yes I did, and no the kid didn't. Kid got a lot of pictures taken of him shooting, he was bruised but smiling.

And that there is why I share my collection with the public at the range......

And a fine man you are for doing this! May there be more like you! We wouldn,t have all this silly ass nonsense about guns floating around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread