What's new

too many wheaties, not enough silver

Lilly0fA

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
73
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disappointing day today. Do you ever have days where the lack of silver coins is dumfounding? ??? Boo hooo. I went to a new site today. I knew it was old and started in the 1920s. I found a 1934 tax token, 6 wheat pennies, a 1947 and '40 nickel. I also found a sterling silver child's ring: unsure of the decade.

With all these wheaties, where is the silver??? :icon_scratch: So weird...
Think I should try again? I searched far and wide for hours, literally...

FullSizeRender (1).webp

***********************************************************************************************************
Thank you all for your encouragement! Is there such a thing as silver withdrawals? I think I had that the other day lol It's fixed now though as I pulled this pretty one out of the ground today! I also got 3 wheaties... :headbang:
IMG_4332.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
The ring is awesome. Where there are bunches of wheats. There is usually silver. If there are bushes. Be sure to try to swing under them. Seems that silver likes to hide there. Great looking Merc too!
 
Nepa-Will: Thanks! Yeah that's definitely true. I have been trying under the bushes a lot more recently, as long as I don't get attacked by a gigantic sticker bush! I did find my one and only thus far half dollar under the shrubs, on what used to be a pathway to a school. That's where they get dropped!
 
I think most of us detectorists have seen days where wheat pennies were found in bunches ,but silver was not.
 
I think most of us detectorists have seen days where wheat pennies were found in bunches ,but silver was not.

Ain't that the truth.

I had a very short after work hunt this evening before coming back to work for a while. I found 6 coins, all pre 1964. Not a single silver showed up.

I'm really beginning to believe that some of my spots were cherry picked a very long time ago. I was talking to a guy this evening who told me that many people used to detect this spot in the 80's but he never sees anyone besides me anymore.

I know my detector finds silver if it's there. Plenty of rings but very few coins this year. (of course the year ain't quite over yet)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom