Took the gbug pro out

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I took my pro out today to the same place that i found my small picker with trinityau, and it's the first time I've been out alone, and with the new 10"elliptical coil. Anyways I don't know what was going on, I had the gain to about 11o'clock and the threshold barely above half and every time I'd ground balance it would stay at a solid 2 bars on the iron level part of the screen even if I'd point away from the ground. Has anyone else had this problem? Or any suggestions as to why this is happening???

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having had a similar sort of non functioning detector while out it could just be timing, some parts last only so long. Then again, if this was the first time out with the new coil did you try it at home first and it worked fine? Probably some solid state bugs. Hope the problem is solved so you know Why it happened.......................63bkpkr

Ausgoldhunter

Mar 2, 2013
Batemans Bay
Detector(s) used
Currently: White's GMT, Fisher Gold Bug 2. Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug SE, Fisher F70, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab X-Terra 705, Minelab Eureka Gold, Whites GMZ, Minelab GP Extreme, GP 3000, Mine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like a dud coil..

AZADAM

Jun 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you should have bought a Gold Bug II instead.

trinityau

Jan 20, 2010
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, GP 3000 modified
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
jordan1.jpg

Hello all, Taternut and I went out yesterday for few hours. I was hoping to instill some confidence and show him a bit more about his GB Pro. I think we accomplished what we set out for. He was just trying to think and read to much into what I had told him on an earlier date.

There is no problem with the coil, as you can see it will detect sub-grain gold.

There is no problem with the detector, not a non-functioning part.

He bought the right detector, you can do so much more with a GB Pro than you can do with a GBII... And yes I used a GBII for about twelve years and literally found pounds of grainers and sub-grainers.

Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

robbor

Aug 20, 2005
Nevada
Detector(s) used
XLT, GM3, GM4b
do you pick out sub grainers or just pan em? Id love to see you guy find gold this small.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread