What's new

Tool ID

Cosmo

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
254
Reaction score
369
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was telling my friend about this forum, he asked for ID on this item.
 

Attachments

  • image-169451867.webp
    image-169451867.webp
    36.7 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
I was thinking p word but lolol
 
Lol if it's paleo it's a blade if its not its a hoe or adze lol I'd love to have it haha
 
I was thinking along the same lines as reaper. That is a mighty fine paleo looking piece.
 
I just want to know how thick it is lol
 
What a resemblance
 

Attachments

  • image-1841802224.webp
    image-1841802224.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 83
get those new pics! definitely a few characteristics of paleo . the notch on the right looks like a fresh plow hit but who knows without other views.

i can't see why natives would use flint as a hoe.to fragile. those kind of tools were made out of harder stones.
 
get those new pics! definitely a few characteristics of paleo . the notch on the right looks like a fresh plow hit but who knows without other views.

i can't see why natives would use flint as a hoe.to fragile. those kind of tools were made out of harder stones.

Look at the patina on that notch and the large reduction flake shaped around it. I think this piece was wrapped to that notch. My opinion. If not wrapped, I do think it was intentionally worked in the tool.
 
They made axes adzes celts out of flint right ?
 
I'm with NC it's either an adze or a hoe lol we will see if our answers are correct I hope lolol
 
I got one spade made from flaked flint but it is thicker.
 
Lol I can't wait to see a side pic of this piece
 
I'm with NC it's either an adze or a hoe lol we will see if our answers are correct I hope lolol

I do not see the polish on the bit that is normally associated with hoes. It is a little narrow also, but that really means nothing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom