🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Tool of some sort

Mr. H

Greenie
Aug 23, 2023
I have no idea as to what this is. It is approx 5 1/2" and has B1293 with a triangle shape (after the 3) etched on it. Thanks for looking!
IMG_1377.JPG

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mr. H..could you provide some pics of the other sides?

Spent quite a bit of time looking at every odd tool image Google had to offer....I couldn't match it with any.

Creskol..I was thinking much the same, but putting a serial number (where it is) on a tool that's going to take some abuse made me rethink it.

That tool is designed with a specific purpose in mind...we've just got to figure out what that is.
moose.gif

Upvote 0

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
The handle cross section must be a clue. If it were a pry bar, I’d think it would have a round handle shape. I wonder if the square handle is meant to fit into a square opening on something. The shape would prevent it from rotating in the device.

Upvote 0

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought people might think that and maybe my use of the word crate was not the best, but "crates" used to come in many sizes. Maybe I should have said box or small wooden crate.
While boxes and crates were, and still are quite common this ''tool'' is not . I 'm not convinced it even is a tool

Upvote 0

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep think this might be a tool to remove wheel bearing grease cap or dust cover. Older tractors and farm machinery often came with a small tool kit of specialty tools to maintain the equipment. The small size fits, you don't need a lot of leverage, you just need to get behind the lip on the cover.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread