🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Tool of some sort

Mr. H

Greenie
Aug 23, 2023
I have no idea as to what this is. It is approx 5 1/2" and has B1293 with a triangle shape (after the 3) etched on it. Thanks for looking!
IMG_1377.JPG

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you spam this website with stupid junk ? Its called TreaureNet, not Junk I found
You have 6 threads with junk and rusty crap
Well sir, some of what you are calling junk may have a value of several hundred dollars. Until those items are properly identified by the talented folks that are members here we have to put those items it the "properly identified column". So the "crap" phrase may very well be associated with...

Upvote 3

BAW

Jul 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like an uncommon type of offset screwdriver. Anyway, that's what I would use it for if I had it.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
M

Mr. H

Greenie
Aug 23, 2023
Hey Folks, Just want to say I certainly did NOT intend to upset anyone/ or waste anyone's time here with "stuff/junk" they deemed inappropriate for the site. At the same time, I want to thank the folks who provided insight into items I posted - it was much appreciated. Great forum. Period.

To try to make light of my unintended disruption - thinking I might need to reconsider my culling assistant.
IMG_1398.JPG

Upvote 2

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
With the square shaft, I still think it is a hardy tool of some sort. There must have been a gazillion and 10 designs, some readily available standard designs and oodles of ones that were not common at all.

Upvote 2

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea from me but that is an intriguing item!

Upvote 0

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I did some research after ticndig made his excellent observation. :icon_thumleft:
and I am inclined to think now that it may be a stone setting tool of some kind, but I cannot find any example. I will continue to look because, I gotta know what this thing is.

Upvote 0

robcip

Greenie
Aug 21, 2023
With a serial number it could be a part to something else. I was thinking a gun but it doesnt look like any gun part I have ever seen. The only tool I found with those numbers is a Mercedes-Benz TIMING CHAIN RIVETING TOOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I needed to open a crate ,a tool with a length of 5 1/2'' would not be my choice .I'd use a crowbar.
I thought people might think that and maybe my use of the word crate was not the best, but "crates" used to come in many sizes. Maybe I should have said box or small wooden crate.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread