What's new

Tooth?

HobbyHuntress

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2016
Messages
158
Reaction score
275
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Metro Atlanta area, Georgia
Detector(s) used
None yet!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was categorizing all of my shells that I've collected over the years (I may have a hoarding problem) and I found what looks to be an old tooth but I'm not sure. It doesn't really look like anything I've ever seen before.

Any clue what it might be? Pretty sure I picked this off of St George Island, FL b/c I don't go anywhere else.
 

Attachments

  • tooth.webp
    tooth.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 155
Alligator would make sense. I definitely didn't think it was a shark tooth. I just couldn't figure out what kind of animal it could have come from.

Thanks!
 
I need photos of both sides. But based on the image above, I would be extremely surprised if this was a tooth. Especially alligator.
 
Yes, more pix would help. A gator tooth would be cone-shaped. Most people think gator teeth are pointed & sharp, but they are not, except when they are young.

How is " HOT-LANTA " doing ??
 
Last edited:
Hey HH! :hello:

I zoomed in on your object but, to me, it simply looks like a washed rock, made smooth from water action. Looks like there's a bit of quartz in the rock. But like others have said, just the one pic makes it awful difficult to reach any conclusions.
 
it doesn't look like any tooth. I do not see a shark or alligator tooth in it. To me it looks like a worn piece of shell. More photos would help.
 
Looks like a tooth from where I am at.
 
Looks like a tooth from where I am at.
what kind of tooth are you seeing? I just don't see a tooth without more photos but I am open to it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom