🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, some that did NOT make my "TOP 5 ATARI GAMES FOR DETECTORISTS"

Space Invaders:

This game really had NOTHING to do with detectin'. A bunch of dudes you don't know comin' to get you--and they will always get you eventually! The ONLY way this MIGHT have anything to do with DETECTIN' is if you typically hunt sites WITHOUT permission. ::)

Asteroids:

This game won't help your detectin' skills. Think about it...you sit there and blast your way out....ENDLESSLY! Maybe this game is for you if you enjoy recovering targets that are UNDER sidewalks and basketball courts!

Fort Apocalypse:

This one is one of the worst. It sounds like it's gonna be a RELIC HUNTIN' Atari game...but it turns out to be a helicopter shoot-em-up. Dang! Too bad you already spent 25 bucks on it back in 1982! If you had that money now--adjusted for inflation--you'd have, like, enough cash for a new searchcoil for your MXT :'(

Centipede:

OK...now the creepy crawleys on this one KINDA relate to diggin... But if they'd called the game "YELLOW JACKETS" it coulda been a HUGE seller. "Centpede"? What a drag.

E.T. :

Allright Eliot...phone home. Go ahead. But you've gotta plug that cell phone into the hip mount and carry its 10 pound box in your other hand! Might relate to two-box detectin'...or NOT! OK so the only way this relates to metal detectin is if you like to eat Reeces Pieces and drink Mountain Dew while you hunt.

Haunted House:
Hmmm...Channel your Psychic Powers! Strike a match and wave a pendulum in the dark! Say a few hocus pocus words and you'll find the key to the door... I WON'T say which area of Tnet this reminds me of... :-X

Donkey Kong:

Rescue a maiden while a giant gorilla throws barrels at you...MAYBE IF YOU LIKE TO MD IN THE TROPICAL JUNGLES OF CAMAROON!

Frogger:

My first MDing buddy and I used to see how many animals we could squish on the road while we rode to CW sites in his
Bad A$$ Gas Hog MONSTER TRUCK! So this game did bring back a few fond memories...

Pac Man/Ms. Pac Man:

Now this one has NOTHING to do with MDing. You run around on your belly eating everything in sight...NO WAY!
Oh, and Ms. Pac Man was a JOKE! When I paid some HUGE amount for it back in the 80's I thought it would be DIFFERENT from Pac Man...(they do show Ms. Pac Man as having LEGS!) I thought it would be cool. The result?
Same game but with a BOW. >:( >:( >:(

P.S.-- MS. PAC MAN--You don't return my phone calls or e-mails!!! I want my PINPOINTER BACK! I KNOW YOU HAVE IT! IT WAS IN THE PAIR OF JEANS I LEFT BESIDE YOUR BED!!!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Now for the moment you've ALL been waiting for:

BUCKLEBOY'S TOP 5 ATARI GAMES FOR DETECTORISTS!

#5: INDIANA JONES
You avoid booby traps and go underground into the mines to recover valuable, HISTORICAL STUFF. Way cool! If you play this one, your research skills will DEFINITELY improve! (well...or at least your ability to use a whip.)

#4: PITFALL
Now we're getting somewhere! The main character, Montana Harry, goes below ground and and explores new and exotic places picking up gold bars, silver bars, diamond rings, and EAGLE BUTTONS along the way. :o ROCK ON! Every THer and MDist could have sweet dreams after 14 hours of continuously playing PITFALL!

#3: PHAROAH'S CURSE
This one had a pirate, a mummy, and keys to a treasure! Awesome! I started to wonder after a while how the mummy and the pirate got in the same place...but I figured they met in Montana at a KGC meeting ;D If you play this game and stare at the screen REALLY hard, your ability to accurately tell the difference between a MUMMY and a PIRATE will GREATLY INCREASE.

#2: MINER 2049er
Dude is panning for way cool radioactive gold or somethin...while pickin' up objects left behind by previous miners (otherwise known as "relics"). Whether you are a Uranium Prospector, Gold Dredger, Nugget Shooter, or Relic Hunter THIS GAME IS FOR YOU!

#1: DIG DUG
This INCREDIBLE Atari game represents MY PERSONAL METAL DETECTING GOAL: TO DIG HOLES IN THE DIRT NON-STOP FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.

(I'll skip the being eaten or burned by monsters part. I would also like to skip the shriveling away to a tiny speck part as well...well heck... I don't really like the night-vision goggles and space-suit-thingy (it should have at least come in five or six awesome CAMO colors to choose from)...

But I will say this...dude's diggin tool never broke once. ;) ;D

Regards,

Buckleboy

How in the hell do you remember all those?

I liked Pong and I liked Halo... not too much in between. lol

Okay - Space Invaders was kinda cool...

Montana Jim said:

Hey Zesty Harry. Still lurking on Tnet in the odd hours of the morning I see...LOL

BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:

Hey Zesty Harry. Still lurking on Tnet in the odd hours of the morning I see...LOL

I think you under-estimate my lurkiness...

Montana Jim said:
BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:

I think you under-estimate my lurkiness...

Now THAT's a sinister comment...didn't Orson Welles say that in that one movie about that stuff... Tnet lurkers beware! Jim is the ultimate lurker!! :D

That was a reference to the sneakiness comment in "Mr Deeds" when the Butler said "You underestimate my sneakiness", very classic....

I didn't have all those Atari games, I must have lived on the wrong side of the tracks.....

kevo said:
ha...Dig Dug...thats fun enough to say without the purpose of a video game. Come on, say it fast...Dig Dug, Dig Dug, Dig Dug lol

I always thought the proper conjugation was "Dig, Dag, Dug."

What?! No Commodore 64 games? What about Zork: the underground empire? ;D

PS - I like Dig Dug, too. Still play it on Nintendo...

Darren in NC said:
What?! No Commodore 64 games? What about Zork: the underground empire? ;D

PS - I like Dig Dug, too. Still play it on Nintendo...

Sorry. I played Zaxxon for Com.64 I think LOL, but that was it. My folks were actually GLAD that I got a MD. They never saw me again after the day it arrived, but at least I didn't sit on the floor drooling all over myself playing Asteroids for six hours straight ::)

Cheers,

Buckleboy

Montana Jim said:
OMG... a Commodore 64! LMAO... remember Caveman Ugh-lympics?

I had a 64 for few years... I don't often admit that.

I'm not too up on the Comm. 64--that was before my time ;) But I did play some games on one...I remember an airplane game...Zaxxon, I think? Took FOREVER to load it from that floppy disk LOL!

-Buckleboy

BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:

I'm not too up on the Comm. 64--that was before my time ;) But I did play some games on one...I remember an airplane game...Zaxxon, I think? Took FOREVER to load it from that floppy disk LOL!

-Buckleboy

LOL... the entire game was played from that damned floppy...

Montana Jim said:
BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:

-Buckleboy

LOL... the entire game was played from that damned floppy...

Yep those danged floppies...took 15 solid minutes to load. I could bake a TV dinner in the oven and still have time to eat half of it before the game was loaded! Remember that sound the floppy drive made? ANNOYING >:( Isn't it great the future generations will not have to endure that sound...

-Buckles

Remember the sound the drive made when the head was out of alignment?
Sounded like it was going to pound itself to death.
Yep, I played Zaxxon too and Atari games rocked..lol
I loved the crocodiles (or were they alligators??) in Pitfall.

DD

Sniff..sniff... :'( I didn't have any of those. No Commodore, no 2600 or 5200. I was stuck trying to play games on my Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1.

A couple of the games were on tape that they sold. The rest were in a book that you had to type out on the screen and then save on audio cassettes. Mine only had a cassette player for a disc drive. There were always a bunch of Syntax errors that you had to look for when you ran the program. You'd hit play on the cassette player and then type in cload. It was a good 15 or 20 minutes to download. Learned how to look for typos real easy. LOL

Hey you had a TRS-80; one of my friends had a Timex Sinclair!
You know, the one with the chicklet keys and you had to use a regular tape recorder and then "listen" to make sure the game was loading right.. ::)

Still you have my sympathies..
:)

DD

diggitdoggie said:
Hey you had a TRS-80; one of my friends had a Timex Sinclair!
You know, the one with the chicklet keys and you had to use a regular tape recorder and then "listen" to make sure the game was loading right.. ::)

Still you have my sympathies..
:)

DD

LOL I had mine all upgraded too. It was tweaked from 8K of memory all the way up to 16K. :o

16 K??? Woah. Cooool. 8)

I bet it sounded like the Concord Jet taking off when ya started it up...

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back