Tot lot was extremely clean...too.clean. I was paid not to whine.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful day, up and out early, anticipating my large large tot lot hunt and that long sought after elusive gold! Crossing the grass there was the normal clad and a little trash. Once in the wood chip filled tot lot, swinging and walking, dead silence! What? Check the detector, yep it's on and working! I realized after several swings and not even trash that this tot lot had been detected.

I searched it anyhow just to see what I could find. Found some clad just a little trash and at the far end a folded $5 bill just laying there! Told the man upstairs "thank you, and I won't whine" .
Search part of the field too, more clad.

Went back to another school to search the sports field but it was locked, so I searched the front of the school. A guy in a blue pick up stops to talk, he detects too..."tot lots and the school sports fields"! Ah ha! We had an interesting conversation. I did not tell him about the tot lot, or the five, or the fact that he is leaving a lot of nickels! If you're out there dude, you may want to dig the nickels too! image.jpg
The earring & Alex & Ani thing are junk. I had a good day! GL. &. HH to all!

Upvote 31

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Ogre1190- the "five" dollar setting is just below the "ten". :laughing7: (Go big go with the $100!)

LOL that's way Kool msbeep , so deserving after all that white stuff you had to live with this past winter ..... daWg

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could only wish those tot lots we have been hunting have been that fruitful.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CMD! It was frustrating not being able to get out this winter, lots of time to google new places to try later.

Thrifty- It may have been the "older" tots who dropped the five along with the dice! Just lucky timing, I got there very early Sunday morning, before anyone else.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could find cash like that!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul there Msbeepbeep ! :occasion14:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are doing tot lots be sure to detect a couple of feet over the boundary where sand/chips meets grass. This has always been a great area for me, lots of coins and rings. I think because tot lot detectorists don't always bring diggers, and field guys don't get this close to the play areas.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NPDigger7- just keep your eyes open it's out there.

Thank you CRM!

Thanks Susan, I do check the perimeter. It was hunted before, I met the guy later that hunted it, he left a bunch of nickels, lol!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NPDigger7- just keep your eyes open it's out there.

Thank you CRM!

Thanks Susan, I do check the perimeter. It was hunted before, I met the guy later that hunted it, he left a bunch of nickels, lol!

Hey, if he is leaving you nickels, he is leaving you gold rings too..

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I'm laughing. :laughing7:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that a smashed penny? you have been doing allot of digging girl, good job. I like seeing all those nickels, sooner or later, keep digging Beeps!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my first gold item was found at a kiddie type baseball field * was hitting coins and got a foil signal on my Ace 250 ..since I was hitting coins near it I thought what the heck --clear that gum wrapper away == it away might be masking a coin ... turned out to be a very thin yellow gold 10 K mexico made kids ring ..it was marked and real just thinner that heck...

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treb! That is an aquarium token with a shark on it.

Ivan salis- I dig all signals in a tot lot, I just gave everybody a break and didn't post my pile of trash...this time! :laughing7:
I found another tot lot for this Sunday morning! Yeah! And a large multiple sports field. So hopes are high!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread