Tot lot was extremely clean...too.clean. I was paid not to whine.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful day, up and out early, anticipating my large large tot lot hunt and that long sought after elusive gold! Crossing the grass there was the normal clad and a little trash. Once in the wood chip filled tot lot, swinging and walking, dead silence! What? Check the detector, yep it's on and working! I realized after several swings and not even trash that this tot lot had been detected.

I searched it anyhow just to see what I could find. Found some clad just a little trash and at the far end a folded $5 bill just laying there! Told the man upstairs "thank you, and I won't whine" .
Search part of the field too, more clad.

Went back to another school to search the sports field but it was locked, so I searched the front of the school. A guy in a blue pick up stops to talk, he detects too..."tot lots and the school sports fields"! Ah ha! We had an interesting conversation. I did not tell him about the tot lot, or the five, or the fact that he is leaving a lot of nickels! If you're out there dude, you may want to dig the nickels too! image.jpg
The earring & Alex & Ani thing are junk. I had a good day! GL. &. HH to all!

Upvote 31

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Five dollars is a very respectable payday for a tot lot, and I like the pile of quarters too.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! Havent found folding money in a while

DW Dirt Whisperer

Jan 11, 2014
El Paso Texas
Detector(s) used
2 Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt. i took a drive back out to Las Cruces to do the same thing. i am posting now. but wanted to say great job.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most likely the dude has "pulltabs' notched..... not only will he lose nickles but he might also lose some gold items as well --as all 3 items are in the same basic detection range...the dice and $5 might be from someone shooting "craps"...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Better than my day yesterday Karen,at least you can go to Mickey D's and get a $ item! :tongue3:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds my friend!! Looks like, with the $5 bill and all the clad, that is was a $10 day at least- very nice! Gold can't be too far off for you, not with your persistence!

-- Jeff --

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, the sun was shining, you were out getting some fresh air and exercise and you got paid for your effort too! :laughing7:

That was a good day in my books, good luck on finding gold on your next outing Karen! :thumbsup:

Dave

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You killed the cash!! Heck of a end of day total.. Good Job!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's too bad. I had some great cheese too! ;)

Anyway, I'm glad to see you got out and enjoyed. I'm also glad to see you kept trying different places. Because it's NEVER where you plan or think it's gonna be. :)

Keep on a pluggin' !

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Susan! It was a nice surprise, I haven't found paper in a while.

Pkb thanks! Me neither.

Thanks car91rs!

Ivan salis - I was thinking the same thing.

Thanks Nancy! It's all good, variety is the spice of life! We know it's out there, just have to get the coil over it!

I can't complain Jeff, promised I wouldn't. It was $13. Battery and coffee money, then the M6 and I will look like the energizer bunny...well except for hopping, neither one of us hop too well. :laughing7:

Thanks Dave! It was a great day for sure! Can't buy that! It's just a matter of time, and being in the right spot and I'm taking the scenic route.

OBN- and I don't even have to clean most of it! :occasion14:

WHADIFIND- Thanks! :laughing7: I will stop planning and plotting and just go with it. :icon_thumleft:
I forgot to tell you, when I found the five I just stuck it in my finds pocket, then what you said about those finds not wanting to be found and escaping went thru my mind so I put the five in a separate zipped pouch with my phone, incase it tried to escape! Lol!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like a clad filled hunt. It adds up. I use my clad money for upgrades, repairs and other necessities of the hobby. Congrats on that clad haul.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! It's clad that has paid for the detector.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ms.BB, That looks like a wonderful hunt, and now you know who your competition is, except when it comes to gold, because he is leaving nickles... Use the old Sub trick of circling the tot lot out about 10 feet, where the parents park the strollers and throw the picnic blankets. That's the "sacred" ground were I find rings...:hello2: Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sub for the tip! I will try that out.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit my favorite tot lot again, more jewelry, but just junk. Lol, I found an Alex & Ani the other day, those things are small.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the second of those Alex & Ani things I have found. I thought they may be silver till Chris told me they weren't.
I got a couple of pieces of small silver a few weeks back, all from one area of the tot lot, I have no idea why.
At some point he gold will pop out and surprise us!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait! I can't find the $5 bill setting on my Safari!!! :(

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No gold but, you still cashed in. I haven't found any paper money yet detecting, good deal with the $5.00.

You made out good with the clad too. That gold is out there, maybe your next hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread