Total clad finds

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!
I wasn't sure where to post this as it wasn't found today, but here is my total clad for about 2 years, since I started detecting. I was hoping it was enough to get a Lesche digger, but I ended up just buying the digger a couple months ago, as I knew I wouldnt be close with my clad total. So now I was hoping to buy a better pinpointer. The Fisher f-pointer I have is just not very good at all. So I totaled up the clad and it was $16.75. Pretty far away from the Garrett pro pointer! However, I was only 1 quarter from the price of a centech pinpointer. After seeing the reviews/tests as well as all the mods for the centech, I figured it had to be much better than the crappy fisher I have now! It sure seemed like more than $16.75 in change when I took the pic! Unfortunately, 201 of the coins are lincolns! Just thought I would share this with my fellow treasure hunters8-). Scott

Attachments

• total clad  finds.jpg
    total clad finds.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pinpointer or not, if you want spending money to come from MDing, you must hit the schoolyards and playgrounds...

ohiowhiteguy

Oct 11, 2012
clermont county ohio
Detector(s) used
coin master pro,,,Garrett at pro,,, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cool but did you find anything other than the coins?..
owg..

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep at it scott, I opened a special savings account at the credit union to deposit the clad in, it adds up fast

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's cool but did you find anything other than the coins?..
owg..
I really dig the name OWG! Ya, I have found a couple 4 hole brass buttons from late 1800s-early 1900s, a slaymaker padlock from 1920's, an old brass buckle piece, and a few other pieces related to the history of the area. Old prospectors pick, a blacksmiths hammer and a cool abracadabra talisman, that I still dont have any solid info as to the date on. Oldest coins I have found are a 1949 nickel and 1952 and 1956 wheaties. I've posted some pics on here of some of the stuff

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinpointer or not, if you want spending money to come from MDing, you must hit the schoolyards and playgrounds...
Thats part of my problem cti, I dont concentrate on a particular type of hunting. The clad in pic was all from parks except for about 3 bucks I found at a school that I hit for the first time about 3 weeks ago! I need to focus more, but I spend alot of time hitting old lots near historic areas around my town and finding so much junk instead of the cool old relics or coins that I'm hoping for. If I spent more time at the parks and schools, I would have probably at least tripled the clad finds. Lol!

Chuffs

Jul 1, 2012
D/FW Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally agree with cti4sw comment. School yards and tot lots are awesome for clad. Firemac and I were at a local school last week and I pulled about $5.00 bucks total in clad. Had $1.20 in clad from one spot and $.75 in another. Outdoor basketball courts and skate parks are also good for clad and cheap jewelry. Keep hunting..... CH

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats part of my problem cti, I dont concentrate on a particular type of hunting. The clad in pic was all from parks except for about 3 bucks I found at a school that I hit for the first time about 3 weeks ago! I need to focus more, but I spend alot of time hitting old lots near historic areas around my town and finding so much junk instead of the cool old relics or coins that I'm hoping for. If I spent more time at the parks and schools, I would have probably at least tripled the clad finds. Lol!

Yeah, I don't focus on any one type of MDing either. If I get bored with the day I'll head to a local park or playground to rake in some clad to make the day at least partially worthwhile, but like you, I'm in it for the history as well. Over the next month or so I'll be joining a few area history societies; for two reasons mostly, (1) better access to historic sites and (2) a place to donate the locally-significant relics I find.

Honestly, I'm more into this to find coins for my collection, but those seem to be few and far between, and the silver coinage is even rarer for me. If I happen to find something valuable I'll put it up on eBay unless, of course, it's locally significant or it's a rare coin. Silver jewelry goes into a jar. Clad used to get spent, but I think I'm gonna put it all on PayPal for S&G.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread