What's new

Total Noobie. Just bought a new to me Cortes.

nvstickbow

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just purchased a Cortes. I've been contemplating buying a detector for years now and finally took the plunge. Now I just have to learn how to use it. I debated between the Cortes and the Vaquero, but got a great deal on the Cortes with an extra coil, earphones and a pin pointer for not much more than a new Vaquero.
 
I am envious! I would love to try a Cortes, and at that price I certainly would. If you don't have the instruction manual, download it from the Tesoro site. Read it.... Then read it again! Let us know how you like it and what you find.
 
Cortez. . .. nice machine! Congrats!

Learn it, live it, love it!

HH
PTP
 
Congrats on your Cortez...I have one as well but you rarely ever see any posts on this detector. For some reason, it gets a bad rap.
 
Congrats on your Cortez...I have one as well but you rarely ever see any posts on this detector. For some reason, it gets a bad rap.

Yeah,most Tesoro users thought Tesoro put to many whistles on the Cortez.Most Tesoro users shun on the digital readout.But have heard it is a awesome detector with lots of depth. :-D
 
Cortes is a good detector. Found lots of different silver jewelery with it. I have used it on school grounds and city parks a good amount. Out in farmers fields it seems to get less depth than the Safari and E-TRAC for me but this could possible be the way I am running it? I seldom run the sensitivity up higher than 5. And it does require a different headset than an E-TRAC or Safari. I used to have a noise canceling headset, lost them in a house fire. Have tried it a few times with straight headphone and it is too blaring loud to decode the sounds made. So will have to get out and do some shopping for a new set of the noise cancel varieties.

Get Digging!
CARM
 
I have both the Cortes and the DeLeon. I've found I get plenty of depth and smoother running by setting the sensitivity somewhere in the 6 to 9 range. Play with it and see what works best where you usually hunt.
luvsdux
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom