What's new

Track Medal ~ Any Idea of Age?

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Any idea how old this track medal is?

I don't think it is too old....just wondering if anyone else knew.




Thanks,
Baldingboy
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0231.webp
    DSC_0231.webp
    47 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC_0232.webp
    DSC_0232.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 261
Cool find.
Given the medal shows male and female runners, I would guess it is a medal for either a marathon or fun-run of some sort. Likely the V indicates it's for the fifth time the event was run.
I would WAG it as around 1980's
Hopefully someone else can pin it down more accurately for you.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
Cool find.
Given the medal shows male and female runners, I would guess it is a medal for either a marathon or fun-run of some sort. Likely the V indicates it's for the fifth time the event was run.
I would WAG it as around 1980's
Hopefully someone else can pin it down more accurately for you.
Mike

The 80's is what I was thinking....but purely a guess. I do think however, the V stands for Victory.
 
Upvote 0
Baldingboy said:
The 80's is what I was thinking....but purely a guess. I do think however, the V stands for Victory.
V for Victory usually means the end of WWII.

Nylon was invented in 1935, first commercially used in 1938 toothbrushes. Would be hard to get during the war but post maybe.
 
Upvote 0
Buck Bagaw said:
V being the Roman numeral for 5, maybe the medal is from a 5K run.

Could be....hadn't thought of that. Any one else have any ideas. Thanks everyone.

Baldingboy
 
Upvote 0
We dont have much to Google, not even a mfg.

The guys hair does look 70's or 80's.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom