SonOfBeanman Jr. Member Joined Mar 18, 2009 Messages 31 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location Central Iowa Mar 22, 2013 #1 Found this a couple of months ago in a creek in central Iowa. I believe it is a trade pipe. Attachments ForumRunner_20130322_065152.webp 22.5 KB · Views: 129 Upvote 0
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #2 Sure is.. it was made in Ohio by the look of the clay. Probably between 1838 and 1890 in Point Pleasant. Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
Sure is.. it was made in Ohio by the look of the clay. Probably between 1838 and 1890 in Point Pleasant.
Charl Silver Member Joined Jan 19, 2012 Messages 3,091 Reaction score 4,794 Golden Thread 0 Location Rhode Island Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #3 Yep, what GB said, and a nice one!
unclemac Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2011 Messages 8,031 Reaction score 9,228 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #4 I love finding those...trade goods are sort of overlooked at times I think....
Boxtopp Jr. Member Joined Jul 11, 2004 Messages 57 Reaction score 24 Golden Thread 0 Location Lake county Ca Detector(s) used Se mxt tiger shark Mar 22, 2013 #5 Very cool!
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Mar 22, 2013 #6 That is a flawless piece. Nice!!
GaRebel1861 Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 16, 2011 Messages 6,151 Reaction score 7,987 Golden Thread 4 Location Georgia 🥇 Banner finds 4 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #7 I've got one just like it but has slight damage along side the bowl that came from a civil war site here in Georgia. Nice find!
I've got one just like it but has slight damage along side the bowl that came from a civil war site here in Georgia. Nice find!
bravowhiskey Bronze Member Joined May 29, 2009 Messages 1,455 Reaction score 952 Golden Thread 0 Location Brazos Valley, Texas Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer SE Mar 22, 2013 #8 in great shape by the looks. Well done.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #9 SonOfBeanman said: Found this a couple of months ago in a creek in central Iowa. I believe it is a trade pipe. Click to expand... I think I found one just like it here in Tennessee years ago. Very nice.
SonOfBeanman said: Found this a couple of months ago in a creek in central Iowa. I believe it is a trade pipe. Click to expand... I think I found one just like it here in Tennessee years ago. Very nice.
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 22, 2013 #10 Sweet Trade Pipe, and like GB said, it probably is from the factory in Point Pleasent, Ohio. I have one very similar that I found last year in a plowed field. Mine has a straight stem instead of the upturned one.
Sweet Trade Pipe, and like GB said, it probably is from the factory in Point Pleasent, Ohio. I have one very similar that I found last year in a plowed field. Mine has a straight stem instead of the upturned one.