What's new

Trading weight?

Jmann69

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at an old cotton gin. I thought it was a knob for drawer. At the bottom, where I thought was a screw hole is not a hole at all. It is made copper or brass and weighs 38.3 grams. All I could this is that it might be a small trading weight. Any ideas?

John
 

Attachments

  • 20241113_222443.webp
    20241113_222443.webp
    3 MB · Views: 149
  • 20241113_222452.webp
    20241113_222452.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 114
  • 20241113_222500.webp
    20241113_222500.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 16
A interesting find !
 
Found this at an old cotton gin. I thought it was a knob for drawer. At the bottom, where I thought was a screw hole is not a hole at all. It is made copper or brass and weighs 38.3 grams. All I could this is that it might be a small trading weight. Any ideas?

John
Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom