Trail Signs and Monuments-Spanish or Somebody Else

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If anybody finds ancient Roman Coins along the bank of Tule Wash, they should contact me. I tossed them there! Here is a GE Screenshot of the spot. If anybody want to go look with a metal detector, they shouldn't be too hard to find:

View attachment 1705943

There was no airport there when I tossed the coins.

Mike

Thank you, Mike. There has to be a real interesting story here.

There you go folks. Mike gave you the best lead you'll ever find, anywhere, and complete with a modern map.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ha ha. Well, these silver coins weren’t salted by a prankster. They were hidden in a clay vessel in a rich Minoan’s house three or four thousand years ago and recovered by archeologists. I saw them displayed yesterday in the big museum in Heraklion. These folks were the world’s first sophisticated civilization after the flood and their accomplisments with architecture, metals and art are astounding. Nice coins - wish I had a few. The detailed gold jewelry they made is unbelievable.
View attachment 1705953

Thank you, Sdc. I'm always happy to see pictures from your vacations. I'd like to have a few of those, myself. They look like they are in very good condition.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha. Well, these silver coins weren’t salted by a prankster. They were hidden in a clay vessel in a rich Minoan’s house three or four thousand years ago and recovered by archeologists. I saw them displayed yesterday in the big museum in Heraklion. These folks were the world’s first sophisticated civilization after the flood and their accomplisments with architecture, metals and art are astounding. Nice coins - wish I had a few. The detailed gold jewelry they made is unbelievable.
View attachment 1705953

I posted, last night on this, but after I typed it. It was already gone!
Now that it’s back, I’ll try again..

There are a lot of coins there that look better preserved than most of the change in my pocket!!

That was as a great day for someone!

#/;0{>~

Thumbwind

May 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting topic. I do a bit of basic research in Michigan's Upper Thumb. One bit of local lore tells of a possible cache of Inca gold buried near an area called Loosemore Point. Its an interesting story because it follows a more modern tale on the same site of a hermit who built a rambing castle of sorts consisting of driftwood and material from ships that had gone down or lost cargo on Saginaw Bay. There is also indian trails that are still evident and in use in the area.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Interesting topic. I do a bit of basic research in Michigan's Upper Thumb. One bit of local lore tells of a possible cache of Inca gold buried near an area called Loosemore Point. Its an interesting story because it follows a more modern tale on the same site of a hermit who built a rambing castle of sorts consisting of driftwood and material from ships that had gone down or lost cargo on Saginaw Bay. There is also indian trails that are still evident and in use in the area.

Thanks Thumbwind and welcome to Treasurenet. That’s an interesting story. I have a real active imagination, so I could probably come up with an scenario where Inca gold was buried in northern Michigan.

What type of research do you enjoy?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this, today and thought it might fit here...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1558219718.020430.jpg

Painted on a wall, on the square, in Berryville, ARKANSAS.

#/;0{>~

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this, today and thought it might fit here...

View attachment 1713578

Painted on a wall, on the square, in Berryville, ARKANSAS.

#/;0{>~

Mikel, can you estimate how old is that trail/road/highway? ...in that order of transformation...

Octagonal foundations of a tower at the Coteau-du-Lac National Historic Site. This represents an architectural tradition of the Knights Templar.

View attachment 1713626 Fondations octogonales d’une tour au Site historique national de Coteau-du-Lac. Ceci représente une tradition architecturale des Templiers.

The order of the Temple is created in Jerusalem in 1099 and its armed wing, the Knights Templar, aims to protect the pilgrims in the Holy Land. This does not prevent them from conquering Palestine, establishing a multinational and having a large fleet. They join the other continents and, in less than two centuries, become immensely rich. In 1314, King Philip the Fair stops them and many end their day at the stake. Thousands more escape and settle in neighboring countries for a better life.
At their peak, they landed in New France and left many vestiges in the archives and in several old buildings spread over the territory of Quebec, and elsewhere in the Northeast. We recognize their passage through the red cross on the plans of Ville-Marie, in the ruins of very sophisticated forts in Montreal, as well as on the coast of New England and Newfoundland. A major discovery is that of a Templar post of a religious mission on the island of Chekoutimi, on the Saguenay River, facing the current city of La Baie (Chicoutimi). This mythical island is no more, but my research has rediscovered it.
Architects and experienced craftsmen, imbued with astronomy and mysticism, these pioneers-Templars have left traces in their buildings. They built tunnels and secret rooms.
How did the Knights Templar disappear? The Little Ice Age beginning around 1300 A.D. Bubonic plague? The hostility of the Indians?
In the Renaissance, the powers of Europe embark on the Great Discoveries. From France, kings send secret agents to search for sites that the Templars abandoned some 200 years ago in Nova Francia. We can follow the route of our discoverers gone in search of missing Templars.
Today, the links of Freemasons with the Templar tradition are fascinating to discover.

https://www.shbbhs.com/index.php/fr...ard-leduc-hors-serie-pre-histoire-en-amerique

PS It ends right where Dog TTH is located. (+/-)

Anybody else on their trail?

The French, eh? (Québécois)

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mikel, can you estimate how old is that trail/road/highway? ...in that order of transformation...

Octagonal foundations of a tower at the Coteau-du-Lac National Historic Site. This represents an architectural tradition of the Knights Templar.

View attachment 1713626 Fondations octogonales d’une tour au Site historique national de Coteau-du-Lac. Ceci représente une tradition architecturale des Templiers.

The order of the Temple is created in Jerusalem in 1099 and its armed wing, the Knights Templar, aims to protect the pilgrims in the Holy Land. This does not prevent them from conquering Palestine, establishing a multinational and having a large fleet. They join the other continents and, in less than two centuries, become immensely rich. In 1314, King Philip the Fair stops them and many end their day at the stake. Thousands more escape and settle in neighboring countries for a better life.
At their peak, they landed in New France and left many vestiges in the archives and in several old buildings spread over the territory of Quebec, and elsewhere in the Northeast. We recognize their passage through the red cross on the plans of Ville-Marie, in the ruins of very sophisticated forts in Montreal, as well as on the coast of New England and Newfoundland. A major discovery is that of a Templar post of a religious mission on the island of Chekoutimi, on the Saguenay River, facing the current city of La Baie (Chicoutimi). This mythical island is no more, but my research has rediscovered it.
Architects and experienced craftsmen, imbued with astronomy and mysticism, these pioneers-Templars have left traces in their buildings. They built tunnels and secret rooms.
How did the Knights Templar disappear? The Little Ice Age beginning around 1300 A.D. Bubonic plague? The hostility of the Indians?
In the Renaissance, the powers of Europe embark on the Great Discoveries. From France, kings send secret agents to search for sites that the Templars abandoned some 200 years ago in Nova Francia. We can follow the route of our discoverers gone in search of missing Templars.
Today, the links of Freemasons with the Templar tradition are fascinating to discover.

https://www.shbbhs.com/index.php/fr...ard-leduc-hors-serie-pre-histoire-en-amerique

PS It ends right where Dog TTH is located. (+/-)

Anybody else on their trail?

The French, eh? (Québécois)

That was a very interesting post, Maverick. I have some questions, if it's ok with you.

What is it that ends in New Mexico, where Dog is? It sounds like you are tracking the Templars with a group, when you say "we". Are you working with a group? Are you on the trail of the Templars to find something or to satisfy your historic curiosity?

In my research, it does seem like the French were running west as fast as they could. I have also felt they were looking for something besides furs or the Northwest Passage. Just my opinion. There were reports, from the Native Americans, of white, bearded men who were living in the mountains to the west. I also believe the Spanish were getting similar reports about white men living in the mountains north of New Mexico.

You might want to research the crypto Jews of New Spain. You might also explore the relationship between the Templars and the Jews and the Jesuits and the Jews.

It's just a guess that the north latitudes of 30 degrees and 40 degrees might be important.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread