Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDOG, I see what you saw.
It may have been because I was waiting for you to be able to do the time lapse.

I saw it back then, and I understood it better because you took the time, at the right time.
There is more but I have a Dr appointment in an hour and must get ready.
Waiting on dr.
Four birds 🦅 and one is an owl 🦉!
3 of them headed in one direction.

Plus the faces that continue to face the same way.

Too much to walk away from!

Mikel

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
this is Rog'

why is it , that every thread on this T-Net Forum , has people bickering with each other ?

every thread , bicker, bicker, bicker .

DUDES STOP IT !

Ok
ya guys ready for a Recovery excursion in the Cookes Range ?

Sign up with a PM to this New account of mine , let's go get the " Real " treasure .

ya got one week to get to Starvation Gap in the Cookes Range , Deming N.M.

I will be right there to guide us .

send PM to redsky55 ( Treasminder2/El Chato treasureman/La Rue/Bad Puppy/ and about 35 more accounts heh heh )

:headbang::occasion14::notworthy:

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi mdog ,and Rog, and dogtth,and Steve and whoever else that reads this. Dont know where to put this not sure what to make of it yet. Thought you might like the pictures. https://ksltv.com/412100/acient-myster

Thanks Kanabite, that was a real interesting article. It’s nice to see some archeologists that get excited about that stuff. Have you heard of any artifact hunters finding anything in that area that dates to the 1600s or 1700s?

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It's about a couple spanish age coins being found. In general, American history would rather you not believe the Spaniards were even here at all, let alone any ancient cultures. When I first started looking into this stuff many years back, it was hard to find anything even on spanish mining/occupation in America. It's become a joke on how much has been dumbed down.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi mdog ,and Rog, and dogtth,and Steve and whoever else that reads this. Dont know where to put this not sure what to make of it yet. Thought you might like the pictures. https://ksltv.com/412100/acient-myster

I can’t understand why it is that hard to accept the discovery of two coins.

The Spanish had laid claim to land, all the way into Canada, well north of lake Powell, and coins of those dated were certainly used in trading for goods. By the very nature of trade would start a trail to the east coast!!

Simple.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

The Spanish had laid claim to land, all the way into Canada, well north of lake Powell, and coins of those dated were certainly used in trading for goods. By the very nature of trade would start a trail to the east coast!!

Simple.

#/;0{>~

Hi Mikel. Here’s an example of why you need more artifacts than a couple of coins. One of my friends was on vacation along the North Carolina coast, about 30 years ago. He was eating at a small diner several miles from the beach. As he was sitting there, he saw a coin laying on the floor, close to his table. He picked it up and found it to be a small Spanish coin, from some date in the 1700s. It obviously was lost by somebody who had used the diner, but who knows where they brought it from. That’s why context is important and why I asked Kanabite if he had heard of anything else being found in that area of Utah. It would still be an exciting find.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
About the only thing I can say with certainty is that the article is 4 days old .lol The coins pictured in the article did bring back a flashback of this one which I was told was found a couple hundred miles due west on or about the same latitude line. (IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO THE LOCATION OF THE FINDS ,THAT IS).......near as anyone could find this one was a French merchant token or Jeton. Rog had some very interesting ideas about its origin, minted when you might ask ? IDK could have been as early as the 1100, or maybe 1933 (wink) but who knows for sure. I did not find it . Pretty sure this one at least was not spanish..... (PLEASE GIVE ME A MINUTE, I HAVE TO EDIT THIS POST AND ADD PICTURES FROM ANOTHER DEVICE) tapatalk_1555788017334.jpeg tapatalk_1555787387323.jpeg

Ya Steve old coins are tricky almost as tricky as the stories them selves, hard to say with any kind of certainty just how any of them ended up where they were claimed to have been found........ much more info would be needed to even start guessing. I highly doubt the park service will figure it out , and was surprised the article was even made public.
I would like to see some better pictures of both sides of both coins.

I'll start wondering about some things.... I wonder if there is a set of Terry Carter's mystery glyphs near where this latest find has occurred. Seem like I remember a YouTube film of them looking for a panel up near halls crossing ,or maybe that was those Egyptian looking glyphs, does not matter I guess I don't think they found what they were after.

Mdog there are lots of treasure stories about that part of Utah. Don't know how valid they are but I could go back and look through the files and see if something jumps out. It might take a little while my social media presents of late is somewhat lacking.lol

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks.
I believe that the last two posts are as accurately researched as they can be, without having hands on experience with the coins.
Part of what we have here, is a lack of documentation. Part of it comes from the extended portion of our government,(Park Rangers ) doing what they always do... remove the evidence and try to keep it secret, until they figure out what they want to keep out of the limelight, which is typically, to send it to someone else, until it winds up in a warehouse in the Smithsonian!

Never to be heard of again.

And that is the beginning and the end of the documentation.

We have to choose between, accepting that, or fighting to call attention to the inept governmental, Peter Principal...

Some of us are just too old to carry on the latter.

And the (acceptance) is a very bitter pill [emoji381]!

I have to admit that I have entertained the idea of placing an object in a place that, most likely, would not be discovered until I have been long gone.
The fun part would be to simply engrave it with the date, and possibly my name...

How much confusion would that create?!

If the documentation was started with a record, placed in a safe and somewhat public record. Then and only then, there would be a pathway to investigate.

When some unknown person finds something that another unknown person lost, the only thing that can be truly said of it, is that it exists.

That and five bucks, will get you a cup of coffee [emoji477]️.

As for me, I will choose the path of least resistance, and regret it later on.

#/;0{>~

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
speak fo yourself, ya whippersbaper, sides I have a better beard, so the gals in my household tell me !

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, I’ll give ya that point too.
But only because, now that I have to wear bifocals, my trimming is beginning to look like the work of Pablo Picasso!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Simple.

#/;0{>~

Hi Mickel. Sorry I wasn't able to take a closer look at Kanabite's story. My wife and I have been real busy the past few days. Here's the story Kanabite posted.

https://ksltv.com/412100/acient-mystery-hox-lake-powell/

Here's a map showing the area where the two Spanish coins were found,

spanish coins hall's crossing 800.png

I like that the coins were found along the Colorado River. The Colorado River has its source in northern Colorado near a precious metal producing area. The source of the river is also close to the south fork of the Platte River and the Arkansas River. So you are right, could be an east-west trail. I know the trails going from the Platte to the Great Lakes but I have not done a lot of research looking for an ancient Indian trails along the Colorado River. The mouth of the Colorado River empties into the Gulf of California and flows through what was, at one time, Jesuit territory during the early mission years. So the coins were found at a very interesting place,

It would be real nice if the archeologists would find more Spanish artifacts. That he found both coins close to each other could be good or bad. It would be good if more artifacts were found close by. But with the absence of more Spanish artifacts, it would be hard to guess the time that the coins were lost. Almost impossible.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi guys,
About the only thing I can say with certainty is that the article is 4 days old .lol The coins pictured in the article did bring back a flashback of this one which I was told was found a couple hundred miles due west on or about the same latitude line. (IF THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO THE LOCATION OF THE FINDS ,THAT IS).......near as anyone could find this one was a French merchant token or Jeton. Rog had some very interesting ideas about its origin, minted when you might ask ? IDK could have been as early as the 1100, or maybe 1933 (wink) but who knows for sure. I did not find it . Pretty sure this one at least was not spanish..... (PLEASE GIVE ME A MINUTE, I HAVE TO EDIT THIS POST AND ADD PICTURES FROM ANOTHER DEVICE) View attachment 1705155 View attachment 1705156

Ya Steve old coins are tricky almost as tricky as the stories them selves, hard to say with any kind of certainty just how any of them ended up where they were claimed to have been found........ much more info would be needed to even start guessing. I highly doubt the park service will figure it out , and was surprised the article was even made public.
I would like to see some better pictures of both sides of both coins.

I'll start wondering about some things.... I wonder if there is a set of Terry Carter's mystery glyphs near where this latest find has occurred. Seem like I remember a YouTube film of them looking for a panel up near halls crossing ,or maybe that was those Egyptian looking glyphs, does not matter I guess I don't think they found what they were after.

Mdog there are lots of treasure stories about that part of Utah. Don't know how valid they are but I could go back and look through the files and see if something jumps out. It might take a little while my social media presents of late is somewhat lacking.lol

Thanks Kanabite. A couple years ago, a local guy got in touch with me and showed me a 1663 French jeton that he had found, close to a trail I've been studying. Where he found it was close to a rock bottom river ford and several hundred yards downstream of the site where an Indian village once stood. I have not been able to find any French artifacts from that time period so, as far as I know, it could have fallen out of the pocket of an old WWII vet, who bought it in France for a good luck charm.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDOG, That reference to WWII is probably the most likely set of circumstances, that could be applied to the outcome.

The river analogy works well too. They were the original interstate highways, probably for the world at one time or another, and still are in many places.

We sort of have the second, third and fourth dimensions, somewhat nailed down.
The first dimension (time) is the big variable that will be the least likely, to be figured out.

Yeah, I consider time to be the first dimension. Think about it....

Herbert Spencer, theorized, The five manifestations of the known and unknown universe, to be

Time.
Force.
Action.
Space.
Matter. In that order.

And they also, are the first sentence in the first chapter of Genesis.

So, I believe that it should be the first dimension.

“When”, has been my biggest question since I got started hunting treasure.
So, I ask myself about those two coins. Not, when they were made, but when were they lost.

If we can answer that question, the other questions become much easier to answer.

I’m getting down off my soapbox now...

#/;0?>~

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody finds ancient Roman Coins along the bank of Tule Wash, they should contact me. I tossed them there! Here is a GE Screenshot of the spot. If anybody want to go look with a metal detector, they shouldn't be too hard to find:

Tule Wash Coin Toss.jpg

There was no airport there when I tossed the coins.

Mike

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? This space was originally filled with a post on sdcfia’s post with the coins, shown below. But it was gone before I posted it...?.

Since the spot is now freed up, I’ll use it for mike’s post.

Mike, I’m curious about your coins.
Did ya scratch your initials on them???
Or at least take a picture!!
[emoji23]
ROFLMAO!

Yer gonna be world famous, all the way down to the laundry mat!!!
That is funny [emoji16]!!

#/;0{>~

I think ya just tipped the scale, to doing it.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha. Well, these silver coins weren’t salted by a prankster. They were hidden in a clay vessel in a rich Minoan’s house three or four thousand years ago and recovered by archeologists. I saw them displayed yesterday in the big museum in Heraklion. These folks were the world’s first sophisticated civilization after the flood and their accomplisments with architecture, metals and art are astounding. Nice coins - wish I had a few. The detailed gold jewelry they made is unbelievable.
Stash.JPG

Attachments

• Coins.JPG
    Coins.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 48

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions