Transporting dredge and equipment to remote areas, Any ideas ??

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Gravel Hog said:
Jog, all good.
I would not put off any dredging up there in Oregon. It looks like they are following Cals lead and are trying to snuff it out also. The influx of dredgers from here propably isn't helping this matter.
We're going on to the second season of the dredge ban, two years without dredging. :help: Not Good at ALL!!!!
The price is so high too, but as I said there are plenty of other methods to recover gold. Hardest thing was to adapt from dredging to one of those other ways. ???
Fellow Californians may get mad at me, but California is GAY!!

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like miss'ter jimmygoat is OK with it too. :laughing7: Must have been hanging around those goats way too long and they started looking like sheep. Bah-bah-bahaha :laughing7: :laughing7:

Jog- I am really not all that interested in dredging the Sixes but I would help you pack your stuff down just for the sake of helping out a Oregon mining neighbor in need of assistance.
:icon_scratch: Sixes River does that mean you can run a 6" dredge and there are 6 ounce nuggets everywhere and you get 6 young ladies in swimwear to help you. :tongue3:
No wait that is 666
evilgrin0007.gif

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago, (like 30 years ago)...before I got out of the water and went professional...and began using heavy equipment... I used a carpet roll carrier to pack things in... it had a very light weight frame, yet very sturdy to carry the weight of a large roll of carpet... slightly curved...pluss had just one large soft rubber wheel in the middle...with bumper legs in the front and back...and a set of handles in the back and the front... it was very easy to carry a large and heavy unbalanced load over a wide variety of different terrains...
with 2 sets of handles..in really rough terrain, two guys, one in front and one in back couod jut about easily manage any type of terrain...

Hope this helps...it worked great for me...

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Klondikeike, No Barkes.
sSc_hiding2.gif

I tried something similar with mixed results, one of them was a very fast trip to the bottom of the canyon.
sSc_eek2.gif

I have learned that a simple brake setup saves you from serious trouble and loss.
With that said, a reverse brake, one that brakes when you let go of the hand lever works the best. Also need to brake both side on a two wheeler for obvious reasons.

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the great ideas guys.
I'm thinking of mounting a small ATV winch on the back of my trailer and try using the sled idea, they have a few of these winch's with a brake built in. Not a whole lot of money for one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread