Trash pic

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this plate in a pile where a hoarders house was being cleaned. The back says "the art of chokin" The images are created by etching pure copper and gilding it with silver and gold. The engravings were originally created to decorate the armament of the samurai warriors. This art form was handed down over 8 hundred years. 24K gold edged.

Anyone have a guess what it's worth? I'm guessing 40$ tops? WIN_20170627_17_31_15_Pro.jpg

Upvote 7
OP
OP
Getter

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea, but it's pretty neat

I sure would not have thrown it out! I am sure any gold is microns thin. I also got a giant soda shelf made of steel and 7 feet tall that is a great shop shelf. Since it held soda, you can pretty much put as much weight on it as you want.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At the right auction house I'd think it would bring $100 or a bit more.

OP
OP
Getter

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the right auction house I'd think it would bring $100 or a bit more.

I looked it up, be lucky to get 10$ Oh well, it looks nice on a shelf, and the price was right:)

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the kind of thing I would turn around for if spotted on a curbside.:o That shop shelf you snagged sounds like the WINNER for practical items recovered today. Good eye.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, gotta love free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread