What's new

Trash to Treasure - 100 Year Old Hockey Puck!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a box that was being thrown out from an old house and scored a ton of antiques including these...

The razor blades are cool but for me the hockey puck is the find of the day! It was made by the Canadian Rubber Company Of Montreal Limited which became the Dominion Rubber Company Limited in 1926. The previous owner even carved his initials in the side of the puck. Probably something that belongs in a museum!
 

Attachments

  • razor.webp
    razor.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 309
  • razor1.webp
    razor1.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 283
  • puck.webp
    puck.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 467
  • puck1.webp
    puck1.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Upvote 40
Interesting note....the only other puck I've been able to find online made by The Canadian Rubber Company of Montreal Limited is currently in the Nova Scotia Sports Hall if Fame(pictured below). My puck was found in Nova Scotia as well. Strange that I cannot find another single picture or reference to any other such puck online.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432376019.693848.webp
 
Last edited:
Hi! Someone from my area (Ottawa east) recently found one of these and I told him i would hunt around for info, and here I am! I also tweeted the Hockey Hall of Fame and guess I should expect a similar response. I did find one on ebay too & it sold for 150$. Seems too little for a piece of Canadian history! puck.webp
 
Incredible hockey puck. That is wild.
 
What's Hockey?

I think it's this kind of ice-football game that Canucks play with sticks and with blades on their feet, where touchdowns involve a net and only count for 1 point. Fights are what really matter, though! Call it Canadian Boxing.

Cool find, though! Too bad the history of the puck died with the owner.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom