Trash to treasure ratio

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure how much trash you guya dig in order to find keepers but he is what I have found. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of trash for about 65 rings and a few chains. Is this similiar to what your environment is? (Second photo is the first photo with the cans and larger junk removed)

jaby5evy.jpg
y8a2ahat.jpg

http://www.diglogs.com/forumBanner....jJehEHd8012nHyeHsajeyHDesuhfnsegfh2w73889243f

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
SERIOUS question I hope to get answered without too much snark from our fantastically sarcastic t-hunters here (sarcasm is a sign of intelligence so I regard my characterization of t-hunt as complimentary ;)

I've only been at this a couple of years and have not been out much for the last year for a variety of reasons so my field experience with my AT Pro is maybe 3 dozen times with about 2 hours average each time and still - STILL - I sometimes long for my first detector, the one chosen by so many 1st timers, the BH IV. It was simple! If it beeped, I dug it! And SO MANY of us suggest "If it beeps, dig it." "Dig EVERYTHING." So my question is... WHY SPEND THE MONEY on a fancy detector if you're going to dig everything anyway? I mean... I'm serious here! Please - try to restrain yourselves!

I get it. I get that sometimes you want depth info, maybe some info on how it "sounds" as to what it is, but the OVERWHELMING advice to new diggers from the old-timers here again and again is to DIG EVERYTHING... So?

Gang?

You are right Annie. I always dig everything. Its only sand, and even the deep hits take but a minute or two. My first detector was a 1973 Bounty Hunter, two knobs - on/off and tuning. Recently I upgraded to a Sand Shark. I chose to spend my money on a PI machine rather than a discriminator since I dig everything anyway and the PI is better on the beach, which is where I do all my hunting.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Like I always say, dig all your juice or you'll never know what you just walked away from...

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SERIOUS question I hope to get answered without too much snark from our fantastically sarcastic t-hunters here (sarcasm is a sign of intelligence so I regard my characterization of t-hunt as complimentary ;)

I've only been at this a couple of years and have not been out much for the last year for a variety of reasons so my field experience with my AT Pro is maybe 3 dozen times with about 2 hours average each time and still - STILL - I sometimes long for my first detector, the one chosen by so many 1st timers, the BH IV. It was simple! If it beeped, I dug it! And SO MANY of us suggest "If it beeps, dig it." "Dig EVERYTHING." So my question is... WHY SPEND THE MONEY on a fancy detector if you're going to dig everything anyway? I mean... I'm serious here! Please - try to restrain yourselves!

I get it. I get that sometimes you want depth info, maybe some info on how it "sounds" as to what it is, but the OVERWHELMING advice to new diggers from the old-timers here again and again is to DIG EVERYTHING... So?

Gang?

I actually know what you mean...I have used mt ATP for the same amount of time ive used my ACE 250. And my ACE 250 by far was a gold finder. I ended up with in one year like 12 gold rings and a few earrings, and non of them were at a lake or a beach of any sorts.

The ACE is dumbed down enough, that it forces you to dig somethign in that rang. Rather then reading the VDI and second guessing yourself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread