What's new

Treasure chest

This is great! :thumbsup:

Next time you see one you may find it locked with the stacked coins still inside! :notworthy:

Or what maybe just the remains of a box anyway........:skullflag:

Great post, thanks!


IMGP0301.webp

IMGP0470.webp

IMGP0471.webp

IMGP0474.webp
 
That's pretty darn cool. The edges of those coins sure look like Spanish silver to me.
 
Man I wish that box came with coins like that. I do remember " does coral beep" well now I got to try and fill it. Im working on that.
 
Any one got any preservation ideas for a box like this. ??? Im thinking acrylic urethane. Or epoxy. The acrylic has better uv protection. I dont know what do you guys think.
 
Amazing box! Now you need to begin the hunt. What ship was out there on/near Holiday Isle making the runs? Are there records of it being lost? Where did it sink? Are there more boxes to be found? Get Tom Hanks and Nicolas Cage involved as they have pretty good luck tracking down these kinds of things.
 
Cant wait to here wich treasure hunter gave up the boxes. I get to talk with grandma next week. Every major treasure hunter has stoped here at one time or another. The first thing I thought was that it had been in the mangrove swamp. Who knows maybe they found them when clearing the land for holiday isle. Im betting they came from some other location. Many of the guys who treasure hunted in the keys also recovered treasure from other locations around the world. Cant wait to see the coins that were aquired inside one of the 6 boxes.
 
Please, please, please keep us posted on what you find out. Love the box, dying to hear the "rest of the story."
 
Can't wait for the next post ;)
 
Hey Blak bart!! Really Neat Treasure Chest and one Heck of a Wahoo!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
 
wow! wow! again, the rest of the story just has to to be wow! too
Can't wait for the next post
can we vote BANNER on this,or does it have to be an Md find
 
Any thoughts on preservation. ?? Anyone ?? This thing is fragile. Everytime I open it some iron banding falls off. The wood is dry and thirsty. I usally do great with my methods but would love some feed back. Anyone? ?
 
First...
Put it somewhere up and out of direct sunlight.
Do not attempt to clean it in any way other than dusting it off with a soft towel NO sprays / liquids.

And ... quit opening it. :P heh

At least be easy when ya do... and only do it when necessary...
In other words...
No school show and tells. :P
 
Ya your right. Darn !! Guess I cant play with it like jake and the pirates do. Got to put it up. Thats how it got this far.
 
Oh and most importantly... climate controlled area is best... Air con room.
Keep out of humidity if possible.

What I am getting at is... don't just leave around on the front porch... unless ac'd and out of direct sun.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom