Garrett's Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Treasure Hunter's Field Notebook

Prospectormikel,

Mike is a good and honest guy. I ordered this book from him several years ago, and it is one I still constantly use.

Something must have happened is all I can imagine. I will call him and see if there is a problem.

Best-mike

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DENNIS AND MIKE,

THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK. I AM WITH DENNIS ON THE WAITING. I WANT THE BOOK.

AND I APPRECIATE THE INFO AND THE EFFORT MIKE TO MAKE THE CALL. I HAVE CALLED SEVERAL TIMES AND LEFT MESSAGES AND EMAILED HIM ALL WITH NO RETURN.

I HAVE READ HIS COLUMN IN GOLD PROSPECTOR'S MAG. FOR YEARS. I HAVE USED SOME OF THAT INFO IN LOCATING MY SITE, AND EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED HIS WORK IN THE BOOK I AM WRITING.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO REWRITE THAT PART OF THE BOOK., AND I REALLY WANT THE BOOK.

I AM GLAD THAT YOU KNOW HIM AND KNOW HIS REPUTATION, AND CAN STAND UP FOR HIM.

I READ YOUR POSTS OFTEN AND I KNOW THAT YOU ARE WELL KNOWN AS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND KNOWLEDGEABLE.

ALL OF THIS JUST MAKES ME WANT THE BOOK ALL THE MORE.

THANKS GUYS.
:coffee2: :coffee2:
MIKEL

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

PM:

Did you ever receive your book?

It appears the author is selling these on eBay.

Please let us know.

Thank you!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HEY, OLD BOOKAROO,

I STILL HAVE NO BOOK. HE HAS CHANGED OR CLOSED HIS EMAIL ADDRESS, I HAVE EMAILED HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND I GET A FAILURE NOTICE ON THE EMAILS. I CHECKED HIS WEBSITE TO MAKE SURE IT WAS CORRECT, AND IT IS THE SAME.

I AM GOING TO TRY TO GET MY MONEY BACK THRU PAY PAL. EVEN THAT WILL BE TRICKY AS I USED MY BANK AND HIS PAY PAL. I HAVE MY INFO SHOWING DATE AND TIME AND AMOUNT.

I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BUSY LATELY BUT I REALLY NEED TO JUST GET IT OVER WITH.

I WILL CHECK ON EBAY AND IF HE IS THE SELLER I WILL LET PAY PAL KNOW ABOUT IT WHEN I CONTACT THEM.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.
I REALY APPRECIATE IT.

MIKEL

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bookaroo,

That is not Mike that sold the single copy. Mike is from Northern California, the location for that one was Wyoming.

Mike

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Because the eBay seller is offering signed copies, I jumped to the conclusion that these were offered by the author.

Recently I ordered a copy of the National Geographic special treasure issue and the seller did a terrible job of packaging it. Just shoved it into an envelope (as so many eBay sellers do) and the USPS (of which I am a big, big fan, by the way!) tore it up a bit.

The seller was jerk about it, refused to accept responsibility, &c., &c. EBay refunded my PayPay payment in about 30 seconds.

To repeat myself - too bad the good people who advertise here on TreasureNet don't carry this book. I'd like to do business with 'em when I can. They are supporting the forum, and deserve our support, in turn.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike signed every copy of his book that I know of. Reasonable mistake, as I know a few people that have written books with a limited audience self publish and sell on ebay and their own websites.

Mike

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008

Mike:

On the eBay listing it stated "autographed by the seller," leading me to believe it was the author offering the book.

However, not every person selling books on eBay is a book expert - sometimes the descriptions don't match the items.

It was just one copy - and it appears to now be gone.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread