treasure hunting a foreclosed house

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
my sister in law works for an outreach thrift store and went yesterday to get some stuff from a foreclosed house....ex tenant called and had them pick the stuff up she didnt want after she moved out......well they didnt get it all and i got in touch with the lady and she told me to go get it.....turns out there wasnt anything but junk so i poked around in the attic, basement and shined flashlight down the heat vents....nothing.....then i saw the UE square air return grate in the floor.....shined the light and i could see tons of clad and old looking marbles........found a garbage bag and just scooped everything up and into the bag to sort out at home.....got home and poured it all onto the carport and looked like a kid in a candy store......found $9.04 in clad including $6 in quarters...exactly 50 marbles....some look realy old, will have to get my dad to look at them....the silver necklace and the cat charm are both .925....locket/chain and the bracelet are junk.....of course there was a pulltab lol

Attachments

• MVC-286F.JPG
    MVC-286F.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 714
  • MVC-287F.JPG
    MVC-287F.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 707
  • MVC-288F.JPG
    MVC-288F.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 727
  • MVC-289F.JPG
    MVC-289F.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 710
  • MVC-290F.JPG
    MVC-290F.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 704
Upvote 0
Nice hunt Marty, some of those marbles look like the type I played with as a kid, hmmmn, maybe they are old! ::)

Don :)

OHHHHH! You thrifty hunter, you! ;) What some GREAT finds! Excellent idea!

Congrats!!! Nana ;)

Great finds, Marty ...no digging in the dirt. Love the rabbit necklace.

;) RR

I've torn-out hundreds of old furnace & duct systems over the years. The old gravity systems (most were coal converted to gas) nearly always yielded some silver coins. Kids love to drop things down registers.

Smitty

Marty-Graw,

"air return grate in the floor"

Good thinking. ;)

Neat stuff you found.

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back