What's new

Treasure hunting secrets for newbies

Dan Hughes

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2008
Messages
472
Reaction score
71
Golden Thread
0
Location
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Welcome to all the newbies who got their first metal detectors for Christmas!

I upload a podcast (internet radio show) about metal detecting every other week, and it is (if I don't say so myself) an excellent source of information for beginners.

Some of the topics covered include how to get permission to hunt private property, where to hunt in yards and parks, how to deal with aggravating spectators (you will encounter this early on, believe me), accessories you should consider, and how to get the best depth from your machine.

It's all free, at http://thetreasurecorner.com. Just click on the POD icon and the show will play through your computer speakers.

---Dan, http://danhughes.net
 
Sorry I've missed that Dan, I'll have to give you a listen!

Thanks!
 
danhughes1 said:
Welcome to all the newbies who got their first metal detectors for Christmas!

I upload a podcast (internet radio show) about metal detecting every other week, and it is (if I don't say so myself) an excellent source of information for beginners.

Some of the topics covered include how to get permission to hunt private property, where to hunt in yards and parks, how to deal with aggravating spectators (you will encounter this early on, believe me), accessories you should consider, and how to get the best depth from your machine.

It's all free, at http://thetreasurecorner.com. Just click on the POD icon and the show will play through your computer speakers.

---Dan, http://danhughes.net

Really excellent podcasts, Dan. I listened to the history of pennies and was overwhelmed at the history that you have put together in an excellent display with a quality, on air voice. Again, very good and I would urge all to listen...jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom