OP
OP
D

Dromedary

Greenie
Jan 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply. However, I find that your reason is not compelling enough for me to attach a map. Generally speaking, I am discovering in other posts that people are looking for an easy answer. Well, they won't find one here. They say that most people hold to the Kidd possibility. The Templars come in second place. Well, then these individuals must try to think like Kidd or a Templar. In other words, the individual must try to think objectively and creatively whether they are trying to solve this mystery or another mystery down in Lousiana. So, I cannot provide an answer for you, but only pose another problem. Presumably, whoever buried the treasure also put in traps to prevent looting. It seems most people (whether they believe that Kidd or a Templar deposited the treasure or for that matter anyone else) would accepts this. It reminds me of the Egyptian pyramids where presumably traps were put in to prevent looting. There is a difference though. The pharaoh wanted to prevent looting with the goal of preserving a place for his soul to return to. This does not seem to be the motive behind those who might have deposited a treasure here unless it is assumed they didn't intend to return in this lifetime. At least, readers of this website believe that someone would return to the site to reclaim the treasure. Perhaps they have already reclaimed the treasure so the search is futile. If they didn't return then it is assumed they were prevented from returning for some reason. Let's assume those who buried the treasusre almost exlusively used water traps. It seems that the readers of this site believe this and also perhaps the searchers, too. Let's assume that those who buried the treasure intended to return. The basic question for you to answer is the following. If the traps were triggered by either someone searching for them (or for our purposes after hundreds of years when rope and timber would rot) then how does the depositor ensure his easy access to the treasure?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply. However, I find that your reason is not compelling enough for me to attach a map. Generally speaking, I am discovering in other posts that people are looking for an easy answer. Well, they won't find one here.

Sorry ! This isn't a Contest :icon_scratch:
I'm going to take for granted you have no new map & your just blowing smoke &
I'm going to move on & not read the rest of your post. :(
Remember We consider ourselves a Big Family.
Either your a part of it or your here to play games.
Your decision, not ours .
So good luck with that :unhappysmiley:

We do have sections for Playing around

Games and Contests,

and

Non-sense,

Oak Island is under Treasure Hunting & Treasure Legends we are serious here

Last edited:

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry ! This isn't a Contest :icon_scratch:
I'm going to move on & not read the rest of your post. :(
So good luck with that :unhappysmiley:

Games and Contests,

and

Non-sense,

Oak Island is under Treasure Hunting & Treasure Legends we are serious here

Essentially saying the same thing I mistakenly did. (sorry) but much better due to age and mod experience. A very polite and professional way to respond and warn.

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they could possibly find something in season 22 or 23 :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

Dromedary

Greenie
Jan 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technique is Important

It seems that a better chance of success would be achieved if one targeted the type of person who might bury a treasure. A Captain Kidd would have a very different approach from a Knight's Templar.

OP
OP
D

Dromedary

Greenie
Jan 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry ! This isn't a Contest
I'm going to move on & not read the rest of your post.
So good luck with that

You have 52000 posts. Don't you have anything better to do!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry ! This isn't a Contest
I'm going to move on & not read the rest of your post.
So good luck with that

Your out of line Dromedaruy, Jeff is doing his job as mod, Jeff is the longest running mod here, can't say the oldest as I think I take that position.

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All

I have a map of Oak island also dated 1781. From the crown lands Records department. Halifax

If you look you will find interesting names of land holders. Incidentally in other records on the land opposite the island there was a timber mill and on the island where this alleged pit was, a boat yard that built small timber vessels..

1781 OAk island Crown lands Map.jpg

If you care to look at more Crown Records Department that people was actually living on the island in 1781. However they had shortage of fresh water even after a well was dug. And guess where that prodigious well was dug? Which by all accounts is saline.

Quite conflicting with some of the alleged treasure story claims.

If you want to know the truth you can find a portfolio under OLD PLAN 1046 Crown Records Office Department, Halifax NS

Last edited:

AOTC

Greenie
Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting,could you give more info on this,I live in New Zealand and would find it difficult to access the source you have given.I have had an intense interest in OI over the years and suspected the story was a bit iffy as far as the pit goes.Thanks.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well according to your first post, I could be looking at a Map,
But instead your just playing around like the jokers on TV :laughing7:

suggesting members who have been here a long time before you must prove their worthiness in order to look at a map you claim to have,
is just plain wrong. and not how we roll here.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

I have a map of Oak island also dated 1781. From the crown lands Records department. Halifax

If you look you will find interesting names of land holders. Incidentally in other records on the land opposite the island there was a timber mill and on the island where this alleged pit was, a boat yard that built small timber vessels..

If you care to look at more Crown Records Department that people was actually living on the island in 1781. However they had shortage of fresh water even after a well was dug. And guess where that prodigious well was dug? Which by all accounts is saline.

If you want to know the truth you can find a portfolio under OLD PLAN 1046 Crown Records Office Department, Halifax NS

This should be alarming to OI enthusiasts. First, the date - 1781 - fourteen years prior to the alleged McGinnis "discovery" on the island, where people were already living. Second, the name "Smith" - allegedly one of the original treasure seekers in 1795 (along with McGinnis and Vaughn). Third, your hint (knowledge?) that the saline well may have been located where the alleged "money pit" was allegedly discovered by McGinnis et al in 1795. I guess we can draw our own conclusions.

Facts can often be nasty hindrances when they clash with legends. I do believe Nova Scotia occupies a strategic position in some yet-to-be totally understood pre-Columbian history, and maybe OI is somehow in the mix - but the OI legend as we know it may be only a fabricated distraction, not the real deal. Any more information that you wish to share might be helpful.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
See things in a Different Light!

Hello All

View attachment 1259283

See things In a Different Light.jpg

Well Done!

I believe this is the "Investigating Research" that may shed "Light" on "The Mystery of Oak Island"!

From an earlier Map of 1762 which appears when Lots for the Island were first surveyed and drawn up it would show that the island was deserted.

samballLots.jpg

Here are my thoughts:

The first resident on Oak Island was Samuel Ball.

I believe that Samuel Ball was originally given one lot No. 32 on Oak Island for his service to England during the Revolutionary War with the United States and from your map this would have been around 1780.

Samuel Ball owned nine (9) four (4) acre lots on Oak Island by number as follows: lot #s 6, 7, 8, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, and 32

It has been stated that Samuel Ball purchased the remaining properties not from farming cabbage but paid with coinage possibly found on his property at Oak Island.

Samuel Ball and a “servant,” Isaac Butler, worked and cleared the 35-acre farm and while working his land I believe he came across caches of shallow buried coinage, jewels and items.

These items were not the Treasures of Oak Island buried by the British Freemasons, but rather the plunder of the Navy and Military Recruits brought with them from their 1762 Havana Cuba expedition.

The soldiers plundered the civilian and military personnel and took what they could with them to Oak Island, they required somewhere to safe guard their booty and that would have been many shallow buried caches about the island away from the main excavations.

These soldiers rotated their leave at Halifax and it had been reported that British soldiers were seen in Pubs and Stores paying for goods and services with Spanish coinage.

It would stand to reason that after thousands of British soldiers died in Cuba from Yellow Fever, that this dreaded fever would have followed them back to Oak Island.

When the British Freemasons completed their plan on Oak Island after 1762 and left, they left behind many a dead British soldier who did not reclaim their caches hidden on the island.

I believe Samuel Ball located some of these caches on his property.

I believe it was he who was the original discoverer of the Oak Island Money Pit finding the indentation under the Oak Tree and putting the treasure theory together.

Daniel McGinnis, John Smith, and Anthony Vaughan were all stated to be friends and associates of Samuel Ball and it is amongst these four individuals that the Money Pit exploration took place, with Samuel Ball acting as a silent partner due to his race.

What is interesting that this "Map" may reveal are:

That the timeline when the "Original Finders" of the "Money Pit" was closer to "1780" not 1795 as history stated.

My timeline as to when the "American Freemasons" removed their treasure would now be around "1779".

The shortage of "Fresh Water" would indicate the properties were not purchased for "Homesteading".

The Lot purchased by John Smith of "Swamp Land" would indicate that this purchase was made not for "Farming".

The claimed "Well" located at where the "Money Pit's Location" was could have been a "Ruse" to work under.

The claimed "Shipbuilding" may also have been a "Ruse" to harvest the wood needed for their venture.
and
The disproving, what has been stated, that "John Smith" was an imaginary "Person".

I see this "Map" as a "Positive Find" as it may shed "More Light" with the solving of "The Mystery of Oak Island".

Last edited:

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I find this quite interesting, I have a document in a file in storage that mentions that where the "well" is, originally someone found a rock or boulder with an inscription that read to
the effect " here we guard the secret of God " and next to the boulder was a large hole. The army was sent to the location and excavated the site.

Can someone shed some light on this information.

thanks

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Well, (sorry) the problem I see, is map or no map, the place has been so torn up, even bulldozered that most of anything that was originally there is long gone.
Heavy equipment could easily have collapsed existing tunnels, along with destroying land marks and such.

If, and I use that lightly, had this been done, it was done by manual labor. Most of the searches appear to have been done willy nilly, and actually done more damage then good at locating what might have been there. Even the silly show is nothing more then hopping from one place to another digging and drilling and little it seems into actually investigating the story background.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread