Treasure Marks/Signs - Diagnosed Here

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Pearl54, once more Those are Viking Mooring Holes modified by The Spanish Jesuit Priest and others to leave trails and other information as to their needs, mainly distance and directions, flat bottom has a meaning, narrow bottom has a meaning, round bottom has a meaning, depth has a meaning, you sure don't give someone much information to work with, I dont have any idea what that the slit in the bottom is and for some reason I can't enlarge it. A 1 inch notch indicates measure by the league and 30 degrees is something should point 30 north

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty - sorry I don't mean to not give info. I'm green and not good at compasses either (if you couldn't tell, ha) Don't know about Viking Mooring holes. Will have to investigate that. I said coned at bottom so another way to put it I guess would be to say narrow at bottom. Should of I measure width at bottom too? That wasnt a slit in the bottom probably just dirt.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello 54 I guess that there's times when I'm short with folks and I get flusterated also not being able to find the words to use, The Viking Mooring Hole has a narrow bottom that could be used to hold a peg it was usually drilled on a angle much like the tent stake that holds the top of the tent it takes two to form the upside down V and the anchor point is at the top where where you must measure degrees and distance from anchor point to anchor point to find the exact cache site you must find the windrose showing all the measurement to get the exact info needed to make sure you have the exact spot, all that I have seen have a old hand dug hole 7ft 7 inches deep or aprox. also the distances used will be a cordel or fractions I use 190 feet as a cordel so 1/2 of a cordel is 95 feet and so forth, that helps to verify your site

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
This does not appear to be a treasure map. Its indian symbols either Hopi or Navajo. Probably Navajo and then some graffiti ie the box lower left with JW in it.
Dixiegal,
I really don't mean to be rude. However, Pearl54 mentoned that he found these s/s in SOUTHWEST MISSOURI. The tribes you indicated (Hopi Or Navajo) primarily lived in Arizona and New Mexico, respectively. Please do research before giving authoritative advice. People giving the wrong information plague this site. Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

pearl54

Apr 20, 2012
mo.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dsty - I thought this would lead to another sign not the cache itself. But no the bottom of hole is not small enough for a peg. I need to get back there and do more analyzing. I see your frustration with trying to do this in posts. Its hard enough explaining when talking. I believe I need to buy some books. thanks

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
looking around on you tube and found this,its on someones ranch that is was, 4 sale

dog star.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Mountains_(Arizona)

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
dsty i was trying to see what or if this is a ss monument,the vid was to show where i
got the img from,im not trying to sell anything

img
660953d1344206352-treasure-marks-signs-diagnosed-here-dog-star.jpg

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
u might b 10 of some measurment away from cave. those could b 2 Vs put together and that is a roman numeral V =5x2 10? just a thought.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
How big is the rock, is it easily moved, most markers of a large cash would be on unmovable, solid stone, to insure marker survival. Keep it simple,not always complicated. Justintime

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is the rock, is it easily moved, most markers of a large cash would be on unmovable, solid stone, to insure marker survival. Keep it simple,not always complicated. Justintime

True and False, but to each their own. There will be some that will be abled to be moved.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input trying to solve this puzzle. Not sure, but I think it is Jesuit because of the information I read on this site. The post said: The owl is a major symbol that is still used by the secret society, and they know it as the '' Owl of Minerva. '' The ''M'' from the word ''Minerva'' is used, and of course the ''M'' is the 13th letter of the alphabet, hence the use of the number 13. Also it stated that when finding a ''W'' in the field it is only a upside ''M''. So during my last 6 months of searching I keep an open mind to understand the monument markers, always looking and exploring. Then I started seeing many ''W'' and ''M'' out there. This marker has an ''M'' carved in it, that is way I called it an owl marker. I am trying to learn if this is correct? Thank you for the suggestion of the to Vs, I will try it. Here are pictures of some of the ''M'', found in the field. View attachment 716963 View attachment 716964 View attachment 716965 View attachment 716966 May everyone prosper and live the dream in the new year. ''HAPPY NEW YEAR''

Not every W is a M and not every M is a symbol for a owl. Signs and symbols are used to create a sentence such as direction, distance, advice, warnings...so on so forth. Do not get caught up on the fine strokes of the artist brush and miss out on the larger picture. Look for the bigger picture and then focus on the details. You are finding man worked rocks, that's a good thing...some signs can be so huge that you might just miss them.

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not every W is a M and not every M is a symbol for a owl. Signs and symbols are used to create a sentence such as direction, distance, advice, warnings...so on so forth. Do not get caught up on the fine strokes of the artist brush and miss out on the larger picture. Look for the bigger picture and then focus on the details. You are finding man worked rocks, that's a good thing...some signs can be so huge that you might just miss them.
Good advice, thanks. trailrider IMAG0538.JPG Another one found, what I can't figure out is how they cut this small stone without cracking it. The size of the stone is approx. 4x4x1 1/2 inches. It makes you wonder? trailrider

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 717382 View attachment 717384 These red monument markers found on old mule trail approx. 800 feet from markers found in post # 1376. Looks like heart or triangle and horse head markers. Master rock carvers, what workmanship. All opinions valued. Thanks, trialrider

The red signifies the blood Christ shed, on the way to the cross. "Pick up your cross and follow Him." Rock are "attention getters"/pointers.

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0009 (4).JPG All opinions valued, thanks. trailrider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions