Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if it is a source of pride or shame,... but that is probably me and some of my old buds shown digging in those Baltimore privies. Chuck Connor was gone, and Bob Denver (aka Gilligan) was the "celebrity" host on display when they came around asking if they could film some of our privy digging for their Treasure Search series. From what I understand they never did air it in The Baltimore TV market, so I have never seen the final "cut" version. I have the rough cut "cast copy" on VHS, but haven't watched it in years, since we converted from VHS to DVD players around here.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i remember them all as a matter of fact i had all of there shows on video tape at one time.. All that Chuck Conners and Bob Denver did was Narrate the shows … All the shows had Bob Trevillian and about 99 % of the shows had Frank Carter in them an a very few had Tom marsh ….

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Must have been before my time, but sounds like something I would love to watch!
The shows they made were put together very good not like the ones we have today .. I also remember the video with … Clint Walker and Jimmy Sierra ..It was about the cache called ...The Goat Doctor's Silver … It was about the cache Jimmy Sierra found it had in it .. $40,000.00 in Silver coins …It showed jimmy and his fellow hunters reenacted the hunt like it happened .. Clint Walker narrates it… Could be Not to many remember that either...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never seen this show before, then with limited tv content of two channels growing up there wasn't to much to view. Operated both of the detectors seen on the show though and at the time Whites was the only option at the time for a machine.
Too bad actually because the show really seemed to be put together well and a heck of lot better than what they produce for detecting shows of today. At least I was able to keep breakfast down watching this one even though it was scripted.

Thanks for the link Dave.

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
many years ago out with my cousins and uncle, panning in the white mountains of new hampshire. Who do you think we met out in the wilderness? none other than Chuck Connors himself out prospecting too. stuck around and shared dinner with us. just a regular guy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it is to bad some one does not have the Treasure Search videos and could put them up for ones to see they were a lot better than what you see today ..

Last edited:

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Keppy I found it on Youtube, I did a few different search keywords to find it, Your'e welcome pepperj. Maybe I will try to search for the Conners and Denver shows later tonight, you get tons of options wiith their names on youtube, maybe it was a different Treasure Hunt show they did ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that show was called Treasure search hosted by Chuck Conners and some hosted by Bob Denver… But they all starred treasure hunters …Bob Trevillian & Frank Carter .. There water hunt show was called .. Diamonds in the Surf … And it was filmed in the Chesapeake Bay… That is were you are ..DFX DAVE ………………… And one of there inland shows was called ……. The Coin Hunters …….. and another video was called ….. In Search Of The Civil War ……..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread