Treasure Signs and Symbols 101

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you won't answer and share your knowledge with everyone you can send me a PM. I am trying to find the trail to follow from the Alpha to the Omega. I am sure there are other treasure hunters, that would also appreciate some help. Thank you, Pebble

The best way to understand this is to read A Guide to Vault Treasure Hunting by Sandy1 on this Treasure forum it explains everything in great detail. He has done a really great job with him spending many years of being in the field.I can tell you it has changed the way I use to go about looking for this type of treasure greatly.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I follow this forum and enjoy the post. I am wary of some members but just remain silent when it comes to them. What is your question pebble as I am lost in all the post that have nothing to do with treasure hunting or signs and symbols. Ihave been blessed to know a few of the older guys here, their knowledge has kept me safe and finding wonders.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Elephants are important. Ones I seen were very close to a pit or mine.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Expidition Aogost 20 2018 015.JPG Here is one you might like but you have to look close.

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am trying to learn how to identify an Alpha sign by its distinctive shadow, is the shadow visible from 11:00am to 2:00pm? How will I know it is an Alpha sign shadow? Thank you, Rawhide for you being willing to help. Pebble

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1762384 Here is one you might like but you have to look close.

Let me share my thoughts. Its just a rock if you cant find another sign to verify it. This sign shows more than one animal depending on which side of it you are looking at. I see a ancient bird and yes you could make out a elephant also. Also the dove and the paired owls. I think they had a lot of time and was very bored. This particular grouping leads me to believe this was a working area where they brought the (insert goods/ore) to be processed. This could easily be verified by a good walk. The sign does not always point in a direction you should go. But I bet it has other signs associated with it and it will be facing in a certain direction. On second look I also see a hoyo which indeed may point you in a area or direction. If ol Wrangler was here he would be using his terminology to describe it. Some would say alpha others would say its a rock. I would love to camp here a week and just see if this really is a worked rock.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to learn how to identify an Alpha sign by its distinctive shadow, is the shadow visible from 11:00am to 2:00pm? How will I know it is an Alpha sign shadow? Thank you, Rawhide for you being willing to help. Pebble
Lets talk shadows, walk as a priest leading his flock on the trail in...…….look for shadow sign. I don't subscribe to Alpha site theory, I find things lol. But yes one can call a large encampment a Alpha site. I wont say much about shadow that you haven't already heard here. It is a confirmation symbol of the light symbol.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off how do you know you have a Alpha monument what does it look like.
You don't as its a made up term for the sake of this discussion. I think the mindset of thinking a site is a alpha site shuts doors for you. Sites are in layers, sometimes sign on top of sign like the pyramids. Try to better date a site, figure who put it there. I seen pictures of sign from all over America and was just confused. Lets say the church owned a mine here, just saying. Would they use a dove to mark it. Could it be the rock was marked by a pre-Columbian civilization in form of a ancient bird first? Still don't know what paired owls or a elephant would mean but you can bet they have designation.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before the Spanish left for a war. There was a way the kings fifth and such was collected. Lot of argument about this but there had to be a way to locate and collect the kings fifth.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4981.JPG This is the one that got my attention the most, I have been on the trail hunting this monument for awhile now getting a little closer each time I go in there.

Last edited:

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rawhide can you describe the shadows you mentioned, is it made by the Sun shining or is it man made by cutting the bark on the tree shorter than the rest, to make a design visible to man as you walk on the trail,all year . We have some man made shadows, which we have always referred to as blazed areas on the trees. Thanks. Pebble

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Does anyone know the answer to this shadow question ? Thanks, Pebble

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the big monuments are already pretty close in. There is really no definite alpha/omega system, they can be one in the same, its mainly a figure of speech meaning the beginning and end. The end of one journey, the beginning of the divine journey, it comes from death and rebirth an ancient rooted belief system.

However a close in monument may show a direct line to another further off place. There is usually stuff nearby these monuments as well as further off, whether it be caches or crypts , mines, etc. The shadows on these monuments are mainly just religious or symbolic images but sometimes they further point out a marker to use or look from /thru.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know the answer to this shadow question ? Thanks, Pebble

Pebble, The shadows are depictions of trail walkers. They can be just a head, feet, legs or torso all in abstract of course. They depict spirits of the trail. A shadow itself can be an Alpha and omega symbol, viewed only from the right angle and large not small. Alpha and Omegas are usually small to large or large to small. Like a petroglyph symbol on a stone that becomes a carved symbol in raised relief in bedrock. You'll always find lightening hearts near a death trapped end site carved in stone.
Walkers trails will also have carved foot monuments along the way near important rock maps. Shadow symbols can be depicted by a stone with black lichen or sun symbols with white quartz. Hope that helps.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Pebble, The shadows are depictions of trail walkers. They can be just a head, feet, legs or torso all in abstract of course. They depict spirits of the trail. A shadow itself can be an Alpha and omega symbol, viewed only from the right angle and large not small. Alpha and Omegas are usually small to large or large to small. Like a petroglyph symbol on a stone that becomes a carved symbol in raised relief in bedrock. You'll always find lightening hearts near a death trapped end site carved in stone.
Walkers trails will also have carved foot monuments along the way near important rock maps. Shadow symbols can be depicted by a stone with black lichen or sun symbols with white quartz. Hope that helps.

Interesting comments, how did you lock out people viewing your profile visits Azquester?

Benguet treasure

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2014
baguio
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This struck me. First we found boulder owl
Then a few meters a boulder with number 7
Then an eagle shaped boulder.
Screenshot_20200403-160848.jpg Screenshot_20200403-162624.jpg

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
H-2 Charlie,

Now that is an interesting photo--my thought was to take photos of those stone group's --in the slope below the level area. Then I would walk around your site at 50 and 100 yards taking photos. I would see what the smaller rock groups are saying. Then I would back up 200 yards and take thousands of photos like Sandy--teaches us to do!

I may be "SLOW"--since I did NOT dig at a 6 foot tall shadow pointing right to the ground, nor did I dig at a man with his boot on a huge chest--Yet I am also still alive!

Jjnorthmin

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I am new to this study and new to this site. Yes i am curious what is the sign? I also see the shadows and lights but dnt know whivh to follow.pls help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions