TreasureNet CRHers Secret Santa!

Axecutioner

Nov 16, 2011
SLO, CA / LV, NV
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureNet CRH'ers Secret Santa!

Hey guys,

I think we should run a Secret Santa here, it'd be fun to do and since we're getting all our coins for face value it won't cost hardly anything. This topic is just proposing the idea and asking for opinions, not actually doing it yet. Here's the rules I propose:

- Gift must be a US coin found while CRH'ing, and have a numismatic value (Red Book or other source) of around $3-5 (can be a little more or less but nothing too cheap or expensive) and be not something too common (40% halves for example). Maybe like a 1919 Buffalo in F-12 or 1931-D Wheat in G-4. Maybe even a cheap walker or Franklin for those of you with millions of them. :tongue3:
- Must have at least X number of posts to enter, to prevent new members from joining and not sending their gift. I know post count won't guarantee honesty but something like 30 should be fine.
- PM me (or whoever runs the Secret Santa) your address to enter. On December 20 I will randomly pair 2 members and PM each other the address they send their coins to. That way the letters arrive roughly around Christmas time.
- :dontknow: Anything else that should be added?

If you don't trust a relatively new like myself to run it, I understand. We could have a more seasoned veteran of the site run it if you don't trust me. I have done a Secret Santa before at another forum and it went well so whatever you like. I'm open to suggestions for this. I'm just in a giving mood and think this could be fun.

HH!

Upvote 0
Re: TreasureNet CRH'ers Secret Santa!

its a good idea but I'm not for sharing my address except with a few select people....no offense to anyone else.

just refer to the "huntscoinsdotcom" scenario

Bigheed

If it works out, good for you :)

Honestly, as bighead said, I am not sharing my address with anybody except for possibly a select few whom I could trust. Hope this is not offensive. Just my .02.

Bigheed said:
its a good idea but I'm not for sharing my address except with a few select people....no offense to anyone else.

Bigheed

I gave my address to him, and he hasnt stabbed me in my sleep yet

brendan1414 said:
Bigheed said:

Bigheed

I gave my address to him, and he hasnt stabbed me in my sleep yet

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing7: God, I think that made the rest of my day! :tongue3: or stole your whole stash!

I would like this a lot, but I would also go along with what the others have said. Sorry. I think the date should be moved 3-4 days back, because if people deliver them in an envelope, or something that can be delivered in regular mailman mail. Because Christmas falls on a Sunday. If you are going to pair people up, split them into "Midwest", "North East" etc. Because if your sending from Cali to New York, it's going to take over 4 days I would think, or I may be wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back