What's new

Tri-angle, convex thingy???

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
I have no idea at all about this one, it's 1.582" long and 1.085" at it's widest end, it has one maker mark on it but I can't read it. Any ideas? :laughing7: Thanks Dean
 

Attachments

  • P4270070.webp
    P4270070.webp
    30 KB · Views: 527
  • P4270071.webp
    P4270071.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 535
  • P4270072.webp
    P4270072.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 521
  • P4270073.webp
    P4270073.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 524
  • P4270074.webp
    P4270074.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 524
I have no idea . . . but it must have been an important part of what ever it was to have a mark . . . what material is it made of and where was it dug?
 
Upvote 0
could it be part to a plow? I played around in gimp, but could only seem to make out the letters f&w in the stamp (not the best with it). You may have better luck taking an impression in clay, and then trying to stamp it. with varying degrees of force.
 
Upvote 0
I think you got it mick56 :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
:hello:

Is it made from metal :dontknow: I don't think guitar plectrums were made from metal :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
I also had thought of a plectrum; however, while I'm no expert, I'm not convinced.
I think I would need to see 'another' convex example shown, before I agree.
Just my 2c.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
I have seen this type of circular cartouche before, and it was certainly not on a guitar pick. Seems like it was on some sort of military medal or related item. I will do some searching. I don't think there is any way that this is a guitar pick.

-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Too bad no details on the marking.

Maybe brass insert for lazy eye correction glasses 8) ;D
 
Upvote 0
Can you take another close up of the mark? Messing around with the contrast ..etc.. I can almost make out some of the letters. Maybe another pic would show something new.
 
Upvote 0
Wow! You are on fire! :D That does look like it -


50105.jpg


It might help if the OP could give some details about the area where this was found.
 
Upvote 0
Bramblefind said:
Wow! You are on fire! :D That does look like it -


50105.jpg


It might help if the OP could give some details about the area where this was found.

The item in the above link does look like the dug find--but it is listed at the above website as "small plate." Is the find that big in size?

The Bastian Brothers Company made brass pins, plaques, name plates, refridgerator emblems, and other such items--and their mark is similar. Can you read any of the mark with a magnifying glass?
 
Upvote 0
Chopstick rests aren't very large and this looks almost like the picture.

I agree with the others; a better shot of the mark may help, but I am leaning towards the rest.

Grip
 
Upvote 0
boondocker does it look like it has any attachment point for a shank or decorations on front of shield?

I think it's a tad too big to be a button cover, but it could be :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • Picture 056.webp
    Picture 056.webp
    26.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 057.webp
    Picture 057.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom