TRI STATE NY/NJ/CT GET-TOGETHER DATE SET!!! APRIL 26TH NEW UPDATE 4/4/08

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey Everyone,
The date is set I am very excited and can't wait to meet you all, I just got the NYC Parks Dept. Permit in the mail today, APPROVED!!.

When you fill out the application for the permit they want to know what you are going to be doing, I was totally honest and they know we will be metal detecting, gathering as a group to BBQ and eat etc.

Anyone metal detecting needs to have a separate NYC Parks Dept. metal detecting permit.(see below)

We can meet in the parking lot by the 2 baseball fields in the Southeast area of the park. Enter this area via Clove Road.

I will have one of those new little walkie talkies (FRS Radio) I will be on channel 3 all day. If you have one to bring, this will be a great way for us to keep in touch.

When: Saturday April 26th 8am-3pm

Where: Clove Lakes Park, Staten Island

Rain date: Sunday April 27th

Here is a link to the park:
http://nycgovparks.org/sub_your_park/historical_signs/hs_historical_sign.php?id=7659

Anyone metal detecting needs a separate free NYC Parks Dept. Permit. Here is the link:
http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_faqs/index.php?action=artikel&cat=8&id=109&artlang=en

Let us know if you can make it by posting below or send me a pm.

Glenn

Re: TRI STATE NY/NJ/CT GET-TOGETHER DATE SET!!! APRIL 26TH

I'll be there Glenn. Thanks for taking your time to organize this.

Best,
Ricardo

Ricardo_NY1 said:
I'll be there Glenn. Thanks for taking your time to organize this.

Best,
Ricardo

I'll be there too! Also asked Bmanley99 if he'd be interested and he said he was going to mail out for a permit ASAP :) Can't wait!

Oh how I wish we could come east and be there, you guys have a lot of fun and be sure

POST A LOT OF PICS PLEASE!

This is how many days until we get-together!!

Attachments

• 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 979

Hi Glenn,
Count me in.....

Harry.

Hey guys, im in the bronx too. Im down to go as well. Will be nice meeting some of you. If anyone from the bronx or can get there let me know if you need a ride.

EZrider said:
Hey guys, im in the bronx too. Im down to go as well. Will be nice meeting some of you. If anyone from the bronx or can get there let me know if you need a ride.

Looking forward to meeting you too EZrider. Thanks for offering a ride if someone needs it :thumbsup:.

Glenn

So? How many have signed up? Looks like 4 of us from the "LI Common Silver Diggers" will be there :icon_jokercolor:

Joe G said:
So? How many have signed up? Looks like 4 of us from the "LI Common Silver Diggers" will be there :icon_jokercolor:

It's going good so far,
4 from the LICSD :icon_biggrin:
3 in my group
EZrider
Ricardo_NY1 (may be LICSD :dontknow:)
I_Dig_NYC
That's 10 so far, may be more that are going but not posting?

Can't wait,

Glenn

It's going good so far,
4 from the LICSD :icon_biggrin:
3 in my group
EZrider
Ricardo_NY1 (may be LICSD :dontknow:)
I_Dig_NYC
That's 10 so far, may be more that are going but not posting?

Can't wait,

Glenn

Anyone in Brooklyn or Queens is technically still on the "Island" so Rick is definitely part of the "LICSD"!!! He's one of the 4 I mentioned :)

I thought Ricardo, Ezrider and myself were all part of the bronx regiment. ??? :icon_scratch:

I_Dig_NYC said:
I thought Ricardo, Ezrider and myself were all part of the bronx regiment. ??? :icon_scratch:

How 'bout we just call ourselves the New York Crew? :)

NY Shooters & Looters :icon_pirat:

EZrider said:
NY Shooters & Looters :icon_pirat:

That's pretty funny :)

Sounds Great ill try to make it there Just recieved my NYC parks permit Today ,and i live in PA ::) .

First question, I may have more later. Please discuss the BBQ part. Do we bring our own lunch, lunch for more than one? Beverages? Snacks? Or, perhaps, you can convince a hot dog vendor to park his cart near the hunting area saving us all having to bring food, etc.

Also, the bus number that takes one to the meeting area especially from the St. George ferry terminal (coming from Manhattan). Although this info is readily available and one can always ask the bus drivers at the ferry terminal. But it might be a big park and one may not want to walk a mile to find the meeting area.

In any case, I'll try to make it. I live in Manhattan.

Silver Fox said:
First question, I may have more later. Please discuss the BBQ part. Do we bring our own lunch, lunch for more than one? Beverages? Snacks? Or, perhaps, you can convince a hot dog vendor to park his cart near the hunting area saving us all having to bring food, etc.

Also, the bus number that takes one to the meeting area especially from the St. George ferry terminal (coming from Manhattan). Although this info is readily available and one can always ask the bus drivers at the ferry terminal. But it might be a big park and one may not want to walk a mile to find the meeting area.

I was going to bring up the BBQ part a little further down the road when we had a good idea of how many were coming, my hunting buddy and I are both bringing charcoal grills. We were just figuring on cooking a bunch of hot dogs and burgers for everyone, which cook up pretty quick and easy. I also have a cooler I was going to load up with some soda and water. If anyone has special diets their on, it would be best to bring something. If your known to make a killer appetizer or something like that and you want to share, feel free to bring it.

I don't know the bus numbers but I am in Manhattan too and have room in my car if you want a ride, let me know.

Cant wait,

Glenn

Days til the get-together?

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 852

TreasurdiggrNY said:
Silver Fox said:

I was going to bring up the BBQ part a little further down the road when we had a good idea of how many were coming, my hunting buddy and I are both bringing charcoal grills. We were just figuring on cooking a bunch of hot dogs and burgers for everyone, which cook up pretty quick and easy. I also have a cooler I was going to load up with some soda and water. If anyone has special diets their on, it would be best to bring something. If your known to make a killer appetizer or something like that and you want to share, feel free to bring it.

I don't know the bus numbers but I am in Manhattan too and have room in my car if you want a ride, let me know.

Cant wait,

Glenn

Days til the get-together?

It sounds real good. Although a ferry ride and a bus ride (with possibly a transfer to another bus) are enjoyable on their own, I accept your offer of a ride for the different route sights. I live on West 83rd St. and as the day approaches we'll finalize where I join you. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back