Tried the beach thing...

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to try the beach thing and see what was still around. Never thought I'd be one of the those folks scannin the sands with a metal detector :icon_scratch: Went through the motions, gotta better feel for what might work, which digger to use, etc. Got hounded by alot of kids askin "what you lookin for" and heard one kid ask his dad "dad, can we go steal that guys metal detector? ...... please!".
Spent about an hour or so, got pretty busy, to crowded for me....

moto_0989.jpg

Bracelet lookin thing.....looks to be copper, but a magnet sorta sticks to it. The outside is looks to be naturally sand blasted and appears bronzish in the sand blasted spots? .....
moto_0990.jpg

Dang acorn, was just barely stickin outa the sand, and had this metal blob thing under it. Detector screamed and showed a new display number. Reached down to pick it up, thought is was a ring.

moto_0991.jpg

arnoldziffel

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
cool finds! I am on the east coast. The beaches here have been pounded in the past month with the weather. I'll probably head down to one this weekend.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Which beach didya hit? I'm heading tomorrow after work and would prefer to hit one that might give up at least one silver or gold...anything:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions