What's new

Trigger guard - ID help

Bruce Ct

Jr. Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE w/ pro coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this brass trigger guard at a cellar hole site. Can any of you pros out there ID it - or give me a close idea?
Thanks, Bruce in Ct
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1425.webp
    DSCN1425.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 725
  • DSCN1430.webp
    DSCN1430.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 763
  • DSCN1426.webp
    DSCN1426.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 679
  • DSCN1428.webp
    DSCN1428.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 825
I am not thinking it is,Big Cy?I am leaning toward Fowler or small pistol?
I dont know why but I keep getting virus' searching for firearms????
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
I am not thinking it is,Big Cy?I am leaning toward Fowler or small pistol?
I dont know why but I keep getting virus' searching for firearms????
Now that I see the end, I realize Im wrong it doesnt match. It was cut off my screen on the far right bottom 2 pics. But I think one end is broken.
I hope you have virus protection. Viruses are showing up everywhere. Run a sweep or restore back.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
kuger said:
I am not thinking it is,Big Cy?I am leaning toward Fowler or small pistol?
I dont know why but I keep getting virus' searching for firearms????
Now that I see the end, I realize Im wrong it doesnt match. It was cut off my screen on the far right bottom 2 pics. But I think one end is broken.
I hope you have virus protection. Viruses are showing up everywhere. Run a sweep or restore back.
Yea,My Firewall blocks them,its just annoying!!I am leaning toward fowler type weapon.Here is a small pistol guard I dug,which seems different
 

Attachments

  • guard.webp
    guard.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
2nd model brown bess............ the first model had a screw hole in the acorn
Take Care
Pete, :hello:

Pic. #1&#2......... 2nd model
Pic.#3 1st model you can see what I saying.
 

Attachments

  • MVC-003F[1].webp
    MVC-003F[1].webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 444
  • MVC-004F[3].webp
    MVC-004F[3].webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 453
  • MVC-012F[2].webp
    MVC-012F[2].webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 456
Upvote 0
Timekiller said:
2nd model brown bess............ the first model had a screw hole in the acorn
Take Care
Pete, :hello:

Pic. #1&#2......... 2nd model
Pic.#3 1st model you can see what I saying.
I think I see the steel remains from the sling swivel thing in Bruces top pic..
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Timekiller said:
2nd model brown bess............ the first model had a screw hole in the acorn
Take Care
Pete, :hello:

Pic. #1&#2......... 2nd model
Pic.#3 1st model you can see what I saying.
I think I see the steel remains from the sling swivel thing in Bruces top pic..
Yea it's missing on the second model but you can see where it was.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Thanks Buddy, :wink: I was thinking english for yours & now I believe it even more.(English Flintlock Service Pistol - circa. 1815) It's a nice one & getting early for you.Of course it was used some before it made it's way over there for you to find it & I know you dig right much 1850's stuff so that would make since.
Take Care & Best to you & family,
Pete, :hello:


Note; This form of pistol was made for private purchase, especially for merchant ships and supplying Militia units.
 

Attachments

  • 1917p[1].webp
    1917p[1].webp
    52.3 KB · Views: 377
  • MVC-006F[1].webp
    MVC-006F[1].webp
    55 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0
Thanks Pete,we do get some 1700's stuff with the Mission Period lay over but mostly coins.The Flintlocks were still pretty popular into our,"period",however.I never did get a id on my piece so thanks a ton,your awesome!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
Thanks Pete,we do get some 1700's stuff with the Mission Period lay over but mostly coins.The Flintlocks were still pretty popular into our,"period",however.I never did get a id on my piece so thanks a ton,your awesome!! :thumbsup:

Note; This form of pistol was made for private purchase, especially for merchant ships and supplying Militia units.
:wink:
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ID Pete (Timekiller) - that made me happy; I was hoping it was military (had a hunch but wasn't sure). Thanks also to all who replied!
Bruce
 
Upvote 0
Very nice. My trigger guard was identified real quick. These guys know their guns. Happy Hunting. :icon_pirat:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom