What's new

Trigger Guard

up north

Full Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Frozen Tundra
Detector(s) used
Whites's PRIZM V
Heathkit GP-45 Metal Locator
Garrett Ace 150
Pacific Northwest Insturments BH2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me date or identify this? Could it be fur trade? I found it on the bank of the Fox River, Wisconsin. Thank you for looking.
 

Attachments

  • trigger guard.webp
    trigger guard.webp
    97.5 KB · Views: 313
  • trigger guard 2.webp
    trigger guard 2.webp
    173.6 KB · Views: 318
Yes, trade gun. From the starburst pattern I'm thinking French, but I'll have to get back to you on that. It would be the better grade of trade gun: fusil fin or "chief's gun."

Excellent find!
 
Upvote 0
Update...

from what I am seeing, looks like it is a Brit chief's gun, possibly by Wilson, circa 1760-1800.
 

Attachments

  • Wilson10.webp
    Wilson10.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 296
  • wilson_1760copy.webp
    wilson_1760copy.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
Lucas probably got as close as you are going to get. Good job Luke. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom