What's new

Tropical depression

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a call to action. Get yourself prepared! Get yourself some frsh batteries.

And






Leave your metal dector at home!

These storms are serious business. If they hit land and start doing destruction, the last thing Emergency Services and home owners need are treasure hunters trying to search for some old coins at the beach.

Wiyh that said, I may be in Bethany Beach, De boarding up the house this weekend. IF the storm turns north.
 
Upvote 0
I hope it comes closer to the Sunshine State. We don't need the storm and the damage, but we could use some help in removing some of the sand that has built up.
 
Diver_Down said:
I hope it comes closer to the Sunshine State. We don't need the storm and the damage, but we could use some help in removing some of the sand that has built up.
Or removing tax payer paid for sand that they dumped on the beach to enhance property values for the people who own houses on the beach. Your wonderful government and your tax dollars at work.
 
Diver_Down said:
I hope it comes closer to the Sunshine State.

man the sand is deep....deep...deep....deep....

we need a cat 5 just south of sebastian....and then disapates (sp?) at A1A.... :hello2:
 
This Storm isn't even going to come close to FL. :laughing9:
 
I hope we get it here in NJ..sure as blazes can use it... worst summer ever so far here, so sanded in ... take it away baby is all I gotta say.. bring it on.. am bad but can't help it.
 
How can anyone be depressed in a tropical area? :icon_scratch: ;D
 
Just curious, how do storms "take away" the sand? Well, I know how the currents and waves work, but couldnt they just as easily move more sand INTO the area where you wish it would take it out?
Just wondering..
 
Silver Surfer said:
Just curious, how do storms "take away" the sand? Well, I know how the currents and waves work, but couldnt they just as easily move more sand INTO the area where you wish it would take it out?
Just wondering..

The surging tide and wave action pulls it away.
 
The current projected path...
 

Attachments

  • 204213.gif
    204213.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 335
Smudge said:
The surging tide and wave action pulls it away.
I'm still confused... I can see where that would be good for some places, but many places I have been too of late, the storm surges pulled sand off the dry beach, and put it in the water, deepening the sand where I hunt, in waist to chest-deep water... One beach had a good 30 ft of dry beach pulled out, literally creating a sudden drop off of about 4 ft from near the dune line to where it met the water. Tons of sand were simply lifted off the beach and placed in the water..
Do storms keep pulling that sand far out beyond the depth we hunt?
I know that pockets and strips that open up in the water are good, but the dry beach ending up in the water cant be a good thing for us water hunters... Or am I still not understanding?
 
we need a nice big storm to kick up the sand and deposit some goodies on our beaches ;D
 
I know the sand where I hunt has built up more than 4 ft this year... I don't wanna see too much go a foot at a time would be cool. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom