Troutman or Statesville N.C. area

B

BAGLADY

Female just turned 43 looking for other females in the area to metal detect with. Most of the females I know either don't want to get dirty or afraid of places that might look a little spooky. My sons 15 and 21 make fun of me for enjoying the hobby and think its a waste of time.As for my husband ....well for some silly reason he is afraid of someone seeing him. He did purchase the metal detector for me with the stipulation that I wont harass him to go with me,so therefore I have to live up to my end of the bargin ( at least for now ) If interested in getting together let me know PS...Just so you know I don't get bored while detecting so you don't have to worry about me whining to go home.Hope to hear from you soon :'(

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
when you start detecting check out van hoys campground near statesville...many fiddlers conventions, other type weekend parties held here for many many years.....one i attended for 21 years straight was put out by people i went to school with...it was 3 days of braincell burning and beer drinking complete with 6 bands and all the beer you could drink.....called of all things '' damned if i know'' still have many tshirts and shotglasses boosting the event that was attended by a max of 600 people every year........gldhntr

C

carolinagirl

Hi- I am ready to go! I am a 39 yr old female from Mooresville who has only detected twice at the beach until this past week. I found a great site in Mooresville to detect on- although it is more relic hunting then coins. I've been taking my 10 yr old son so I wouldn't be alone, but I would enjoy going with someone who isn't sprinting from spot to spot (I'm too old for that). If you are interested in getting together just email me.
Nancy

TammyNC123

Dec 24, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
My sister and I live in Salisbury. We both MD She is 53 I am 47 so age is no prob lol Se do it all day long. She is a die hare md'er. We just spent 9 hours covering Dan Nicholas Park in Salisbury 2 weeks ago. Our problem is finding places. So if someone needs someone to go with them just give us a yell I also work in Mooresville and keep my MD in the car at all times lol ya never know, right? pm me if you want to get to gether we both have the same weekends off but only every other weekend.

Tammy

PS glad to see more women into it maybe we should start an all women club lol

C

carolinagirl

Hey Tammy.
Let me know when you have time off and I would love to go. I have kids in school during the day so I am free then and this weekend Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday are good for me if you are off work. Can't wait to hear from you!
Nancy

R

rtaylor

Hey ladies, I am not female but would like to find someone to go with myself. I live in Statesville, what about your husbands??? Surely one of your husbands hunts, right?? Let me know

ifitshistory

Greenie
Oct 27, 2005
Salisbury is loaded with sites to hunt. I almost moved there so I could hunt everyday! I have found many civil war relics, coins, bottles, etc. My favorite town to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread