Well... down heah in Jawja we got so many deer the legal limit for hunters is 12 deer, only TWO of which may have antlers. I've been in numerous deer/vehicle collisions. At least these deer usually don't go over 120-150 pounds. Still tears up the front of your vehicle. Last time I was doing about 60MPH passing an old farm... a doe hit the ditch at full throttle coming from behind a grape arbor, hit the road, and the Dodge hit her. Didn't even have enough time to take my foot from the accelerator. Mangled deer, busted grill, broken headlight. I backed up to ensure the animal was dead (I'd have put a round in her head if not, she was bad broken) and to check my front end and radiator. Five Beagle dogs came out of the same path she was fleeing from, baying and barking like nobody's business. I gave serious consideration to shooting the dogs, but just told myself eff-it. The doe was too mangled to salvage... full side body collision, then under both passenger side tires. A shame... she was lactating also, so I guess that fawn passed early.
Robin