Trying out my tesoro today.....

cadman68

Greenie
Jan 22, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Silver uMax
I received the Tesoro silver umax a few days ago and thought i'd walk out in the back yard and give it a test run. It was nearing dusk so i could only mess around with it for about 30 minutes. Found several items such as old horseshoe a hot wheels suburban (if only it was drivable) a few clad pennies and these two which i thought were worth taking a pic of ....

The shell cap is a UMC co. 12 gauge New Club which according to the internet dates between 1888 and 1911. To my surprise i also pulled up the civil war era mini which was about 5 inches deep. There were both federals and rebs in this area during the war but i would have never thought my lawn would have anything like that buried in it. Has me wondering now if there may be more of the cw stuff in the yard....

20120404193503.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Congrats to you on your first hunt with your new Tesoro! You should email your photo to Robert Martensen at Tesoro [email protected] and tell him your story!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used different Tesoros detectors off and on over the years. Some of my best and most memorable finds were made with so called "beginners luck!" using different Tesoros. Happy Hunting! CARM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread