My First Gold Find (That Almost Wasnt)!!

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My First Gold Find (That Almost Wasn't)!!

About two weeks ago I found my first gold after 2.5 years of off and on MDing. I didn't realize it was gold because it broke several times while I was trying to get it out of the hole and I assumed it was just some cheap jewelry. Well, yesterday I decided to clean out my backpack which is were I put my trash when I go MDing, I was originally going to throw it in the trash but I figured I would check it just in case. I cleaned the clasp and noticed some faded text. When I looked closer my heart almost stopped. The clasp read '10K.' I immediately started searching for every piece of the bracelet I could find and cleaned it all. The total weight was 16.6 grams of 10K gold. My girlfriend took it to a fine jewelry store today to confirm that it was in fact gold and I decided to sell it. I'm now $260 richer and even more excited for my new coil (10" x 14" Excelerator) to arrive this weekend. I found this bracelet with my Garrett Ace 250 with the standard 9" x 6" coil.

Gold Bracelet.jpg

Upvote 2

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing you didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater, nice hunting.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$260 bucks is a great score. congrats!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times that junk is not always junk, always take time to check things out before you throw it out, Congrats on your gold find.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About two weeks ago I found my first gold after 2.5 years of off and on MDing. I didn't realize it was gold because it broke several times
Was the bracelets links entwined with grass roots? Have seen that roots can be extremely tough at times! Nice find CARM

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation. HH, Hamid

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya gotta always double check your finds. Good pull.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome hit on the gold chain :hello2:
another source to cash in on your gold to bypass the middle man would be Midwest refineries 95% or ARA I believe 98%
at today's gold price that would be 361.68 minus 5% from midwest would be a 343.15 check for your gold...........

OP
OP
I

Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome hit on the gold chain :hello2:
another source to cash in on your gold to bypass the middle man would be Midwest refineries 95% or ARA I believe 98%
at today's gold price that would be 361.68 minus 5% from midwest would be a 343.15 check for your gold...........

Yeah, I found out about them today. A little late now but it was found money so I can't be too angry. I'll use them next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread