What's new

Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown (Solved ~ Mid-1970s)

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,354
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown (Solved ~ Mid-1970's)

Thinking 1960's sometime, but perhaps somebody can see enough detail and know their cars well enough to pinpoint it more accurately. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • NorthonMainStreet.webp
    NorthonMainStreet.webp
    44.3 KB · Views: 584
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown

That first car looks like a 1971 Matador .
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown

Not too early I think. Early to mid seventies. IMO
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown

For some reason the truck and van in the back right look like newer vehicles than 60's or 70's. That's probably just my bad eyes. I would guess 70's to 80's. Good luck.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown

mojjax said:
That first car looks like a 1971 Matador .


thrillathahunt said:
Not too early I think. Early to mid seventies. IMO


Thanks guys .. I believe you are correct. Somebody emailed me and pointed out that there is a Chevy Pick-up on the right side, with a body style that didn't come out until 1974.

Thanks again!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown (Solved ~ Mid-1970's)

Another clue is the partial vinyl roof on the first car. Very popular in 70's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinyl_roof

I dont know who invented those lol but rust always developed underneath.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown (Solved ~ Mid-1970's)

The 2nd car looks like a 1970 Volkswagen Fastback. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Trying to date this photograph from the cars shown (Solved ~ Mid-1970's)

I thought the first car was a mid seventies Mustang II?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom