Tuesday evenings finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Managed to get out yesterday after work for a couple of hours between the showers, so went to the field above our best field, as now been harvested… what a difference a hedge makes 😆 … very little in this one, so can cross it off the list! Xx

I found this gorgeous buckle, then some bits of buckle, another buckle and a thingy… possibly modern tractor bit? a stair carpet gripper, and a toy wheel, some lead bits, then the usual buttons and a tack pin!

Some more fields we did last year, now back on the list, so will be interesting to see what the Deus find there for us! xx

IMG_8284.jpeg
IMG_8285.jpeg
IMG_8286.jpeg
IMG_8288.jpeg
IMG_8289.jpeg
IMG_8290.jpeg
IMG_8291.jpeg
IMG_8292.jpeg
IMG_8264.jpeg
IMG_8270.jpeg
IMG_8275.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to see you getting out once again (missed the weekend fix)
Liking the 2 great looking buttons, is there anything on the back for a maker?
The buckle is a sweet little keeper.
Have you hunted the hill top in the one photo?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Great to see you getting out once again (missed the weekend fix)
Liking the 2 great looking buttons, is there anything on the back for a maker?
The buckle is a sweet little keeper.
Have you hunted the hill top in the one photo?
Thanks Peps, yes we were both ticking from spending the weekend doing “life chores” 😂😂… no we havent hunted up on Cedar Hill yet.. but is on the winter list!!! 😆 xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Peps, yes we were both ticking from spending the weekend doing “life chores” 😂😂… no we havent hunted up on Cedar Hill yet.. but is on the winter list!!! 😆 xx
There's an old saying why wait till spring-do it now.
I'd be applying that to why wait till winter I'd be up there now for a little look see.
Folks liked to be up high.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
There's an old saying why wait till spring-do it now.
I'd be applying that to why wait till winter I'd be up there now for a little look see.
Folks liked to be up high.
Yes but the undergrowth wI’ll be less troublesome in winter… ditto for the gnats and bugs that lurk in the shade… my blood is apparently nectar to the bitey types 🫤 xx

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes but the undergrowth wI’ll be less troublesome in winter… ditto for the gnats and bugs that lurk in the shade… my blood is apparently nectar to the bitey types 🫤 xx
Well we share something else in common-I seem to have a sign on me also, bite me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sober and reeling about near delirious after I'd be with that kind of hunt! Digging way back in time.

Congrats.
The first picture made for enough to have age in the bag and the rest to come , gravy..

Us readers are getting more orientated due to your pictures.
We can now lean towards sites we recognize!
(See I wasn't the only one trying to go uphill. P.J. is leaning with me. l.o.l..)

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Sober and reeling about near delirious after I'd be with that kind of hunt! Digging way back in time.

Congrats.
The first picture made for enough to have age in the bag and the rest to come , gravy..

Us readers are getting more orientated due to your pictures.
We can now lean towards sites we recognize!
(See I wasn't the only one trying to go uphill. P.J. is leaning with me. l.o.l..)
Thanks RC!!! Yes!!! Brilliant!!! I try to take views that give you eagle eyed lot a sense of where we are.. as we try to build the history of the area!!! xx

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Early fall when all the undergrowth is smashed flat is when you can get the coil to the soil. Love your posts, Blossom, and LUCK next time out.

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
What a rich area for MDers! It must be hard to decide where to go with so many choices. The button with the letters on it looks like some king or queen "R" ex. Do you know what monarch it is, and the dates he/she reigned?

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
What a rich area for MDers! It must be hard to decide where to go with so many choices. The button with the letters on it looks like some king or queen "R" ex. Do you know what monarch it is, and the dates he/she reigned?
Ha!! Yes we never dreamed we would be able to find so much in so many different fields, it still blows my mind everytime we go out!! xx

I cant work out what the letters are on this button.. 🤔.. will do some googling 😆 xx
IMG_8307.jpeg
IMG_8308.jpeg

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Managed to get out yesterday after work for a couple of hours between the showers, so went to the field above our best field, as now been harvested… what a difference a hedge makes 😆 … very little in this one, so can cross it off the list! Xx

I found this gorgeous buckle, then some bits of buckle, another buckle and a thingy… possibly modern tractor bit? a stair carpet gripper, and a toy wheel, some lead bits, then the usual buttons and a tack pin!

Some more fields we did last year, now back on the list, so will be interesting to see what the Deus find there for us! xx

View attachment 2097088 View attachment 2097089 View attachment 2097090 View attachment 2097091 View attachment 2097092 View attachment 2097093 View attachment 2097094 View attachment 2097095 View attachment 2097100 View attachment 2097098 View attachment 2097099
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Now Believe this button is GNR… which would be for Great Northen Railway…. as this field once had the local ironstone railway running thru it… could tie in nicely .. a visiting official perhaps 🤔 xx

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread