Tungstun Carbide Ring

smeagher

Feb 28, 2013
This is my best find to date. About 3 weeks ago I bought a new MXT Pro. First day out my first dig was this ring. I was shocked. This find set the bar high on expectations. So far after about, 20 hours of usage over the past couple of weeks I have nothing but coins, pull tabs and junk. I cant wait to find my next great find.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130308_172629.png
    ForumRunner_20130308_172629.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 1

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smeagher, this is how it starts. Nice find and more will come.

cashole

Mar 26, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I wear that exact same ring as a wedding band my wife bought for me in 2009 she paid about 400 for it lifetime warranty from the local jewelry store

Attachments

• image-2617612525.jpg
    image-2617612525.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 185

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Great finding that ring your first day out! :notworthy:
(My husband & I each wear hollow tungsten carbide wedding bands, ours are shiny and never get scratches, unlike silver. But we may switch to silver or gold after another t-net poster clued everyone in that tungsten carbide is extremely difficult to cut though -- so anyone wearing these rings should be sure NOT to get them hung up on anything while wearing -- the guy's example showed that it took many hours to have one cut off if hung up. Ironically, during a prior marriage, my husband caught his silver ring on something as he jumped down from his truck, nearly severing his finger, so we don't wear our rings when working on anything. Just a caution about tungsten carbide, not trying to bring anyone's enthusiasm down.) You're going to find many more cool things following your first day's beginner's luck! :icon_thumleft: Andi

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very difficult to cut through because of its hardness, however it is brittle.
I read on a jewlers post that the best way to remove it is to put pressure on it with wisegrips till it cracks.
then rotate 90 degrees and do it again.
You have to be careful not to move the ring to avoid being cut.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread