What's new

Tunnels beneath former YWCA building attract curiosity

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,835
Reaction score
76,274
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While cleaning the former YWCA of Pottsville building Wednesday and preparing it for sale, representatives of the Schuylkill YMCA couldn't resist touring the remains of the tunnels beneath the property.

City officials interviewed Thursday aren't sure what the tunnels were used for, but Wayne R. Stump, Schuylkill YMCA chief executive officer, said it was fun to speculate as he clicked on a flashlight and explored the area Wednesday morning.

http://republicanherald.com/news/tunnels-beneath-former-ywca-building-attract-curiosity-1.1191158
 
I would have had to taken a sledge hammer to the brick walls that sealed up the "end" of the other two tunnels myself. Here is a photo of the original building that was on the site and probably when the tunnels were dug.

town.webp

Very Gothic looking
 
diggummup said:
I would have had to taken a sledge hammer to the brick walls that sealed up the "end" of the other two tunnels myself. Here is a photo of the original building that was on the site and probably when the tunnels were dug.




Very Gothic looking

yea I agree I was actually going to title
this "tear down the walls" :laughing7:

may actually been from yuengling Brewery
for delivery during prohabition
 
Wow, I'd love to check the tunnels out. Maybe some really cool relics left behind. Guess we'll never know. :(
 
as of Sept. 09

New owner from JACKSON HEIGHTS, NY ;
SEAN OUGZIN LATIF

only part Left Now

town.webp

dosn't look Gothic anymore

nm002018.webp

Tunnels may be Basement to missing Gothic Part
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom