Turning Clad into Silver !!

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER 505 & AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I had a little downtime.I used this time to roll up the clad I have found this summer. I prefer to roll my clad VS using a Coinstar type machine. I think its just to much hard work involved digging holes to give up a 10.9% coin processing fee. Also it gives me the chance to make sure I don't miss a good coin. Trust me it happens!

My rolled clad came out to be $95.50. I then jumped online and found a 5oz .999 Sliver bar for $114.30 with free shipping from Silver Town. Always buy your silver from a reputable dealer as there are lots of China fakes out there. I'm not the best at math but what I came up with was paying $18.80 for 5oz of .999 fine silver. I have been doing this for a few years now and have stocked up a nice collection of silver bars. I like to call this method - turning Clad into Silver. Best of luck on your next hunt and thank you for looking.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 128
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 141
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 8
now you know what you are doing for sure

Good idea, I'm going to get me some silver for my clad

Good investment..I take all my clad roll them and put away in my safe until a week before Thanksgiving..Take the rolls to the bank and exchange them for paper money in which I take to the local grocery store and buy as many turkeys as I can then take them to the local food shelf. Last year I bought 27 turkeys. this year will probably be better. Since March 27th I have found a little over 500.00 so far. might do the same at Christmas. This is my investment.

Great idea, the clad you won't miss at all, and chunks of Silver is nice to own.

Very cool! I hate giving away any of my clad too!

Silver is always nice! Our credit union has a comic machine and doesn't charge a fee for member use. I've got a separate savings acct that the clad amount I'd deposited into, I use it to buy more MD toys. HH

Both you and papalittle have really good ideas and once i pay for a new search coil with my clad i may borrow those ideas. Thanks.:occasion14:

Last week I had a little downtime.I used this time to roll up the clad I have found this summer. I prefer to roll my clad VS using a Coinstar type machine. I think its just to much hard work involved digging holes to give up a 10.9% coin processing fee. Also it gives me the chance to make sure I don't miss a good coin. Trust me it happens!

My rolled clad came out to be $95.50. I then jumped online and found a 5oz .999 Sliver bar for $114.30 with free shipping from Silver Town. Always buy your silver from a reputable dealer as there are lots of China fakes out there. I'm not the best at math but what I came up with was paying $18.80 for 5oz of .999 fine silver. I have been doing this for a few years now and have stocked up a nice collection of silver bars. I like to call this method - turning Clad into Silver. Best of luck on your next hunt and thank you for looking.

I've not done this myself personally, but read that if you go to the coin star machine and select the store credit as opposed to cash and then unplug the DSL wire from the back of the machine it cannot process the store credit so they pay you 100% in cash. I don't know if it's true or not. Even so, if you shop at the store with the coin star you do get 100% of the amount of clad dumped.....no fee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back