What's new

Turning in bank bags

Rakattack

Full Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2010
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
SJ, CA
I just wanted to know if it's rare to have a bank allow you to turn in bank bags without charge. I have ONE bank here that allows me to turn in bank bags for FREE. I have used them twice for bank bags, once for a box of halves and once for when I had over $140 in pennies after procrastinating about rolling them. They even let me use two bags because I had too many pennies :hello2:. They seem to be really happy about taking my coins and don't seem to mind. Should I take advantage of this or should I use the bank bags sparingly? Thanks for the responses in advance.
 
Upvote 0
Well, There is definitely something called "to much of a good thing" I don't know how much you go through but I would not abuse the bank and make them a main dump. It is a good bank but if you read other posts you will see that these banks can eventually turn and start charging [INSERT F-WORD HERE]. If you don't go through that much, then dump there 1-2 times a month.
 
One of my dump banks loves getting my coins because they have their own rolling machine and do not have to buy from suppliers. Several banks here charge 5% to take coins from non-customers, but this bank takes from everybody.
 
Say thanks, be cheery, and buy the girls chocolates.
 
Rakattack said:
I just wanted to know if it's rare to have a bank allow you to turn in bank bags without charge.
are you talking about the canvas bags or the plastic bags.

A bank I know always sells me bags of coins the bags are canvas, they do not expect them back. I keep them and when I get a bunch I sell them for about $1 each.

Wells Fargo gives me 3-4 plastic, sealable, coin bags whenever I ask. I use them to return coins to them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom